The Grand Brighton
  • Restaurant
Topps(Brighton)
  • Free Internet
8,442 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have just returned, from staying at The Grand in Brighton I stayed for 4 nights. I arrived at Brighton train staion, as you came out of the station you walk in a strainght line for 10 mins until you hit the sea at the fron, t at this point turn right and The Grand is on your right next to Brighton Conference Centre this could not be easier. Your are surrounded by bar, shops, the pictures if you want to see the latest film out. Places to eat are on your door step. Booking into the hotel was simple all staff polite I was giving my key to my room on entering you must put your key in the door wait for it to turn green then open the door. On entering the room, it was big, with a tv , a fridge, it is not a fridge as you would expect at home more of a cooler but did the job. The room had tea and coffee facilities bath robs etc very nice. The bath room tap spout was rusty and you could see where they had smoothed it down, around the taps was a green discoulored area. (This would be my only gripe - the taps) Breakfast was very nice plenty to eat, it you wanted some thing special to eat the chef would do this for you, nothing was a problem. I sat at the window looking out to sea eating my breakfast it was very nice. All staff very polite as you would expect. There is no hairdresser within this hotel, the gym is quite small on the first floor. I did not have any evening meal at this hotel, so I cannot not comment on this. The piano was played on an evening which was nice to hear and relaxing. Could do with a lick of pain etc but it is a large hotel to cover. I must say a very nice hotel and would stay here again no problem really enjoyed my stay. You may purchase a bus ticket for £4;00 which will last you all day, you may go on as many buses as you wish as this ticket covers you, number 7 bus is one of many that will take you to the Marina. You may wish to visit King George lV's pleasure palace it has inian architesture contrasted with interiors inspired by China a must to see and a 7 min walk from The Grand.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angalina
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your very extensive of your recent stay in Brighton at The Grand

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and thank you for your numerous compliments which I will pass on.

Please also be assured that I have noted the couple of advisory points you make which we will attend to.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. I am sure your review will benefit visitors to Brighton in the future and help them get more from their stay at The Grand

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We decided to celebrate a special event in our family by taking advantage of a De Vere special offer of a two day break at this superb hotel at Brighton. The weather had turned very cold as we drove down from the Midlands and we welcomed the thought of a warm hotel.
The concierge shot out as we arrived and had the bags taken away, offered us valet parking (which is expensive) but well worth in in a place like Brighton as it offers complete security. At reception we were told that we had been upgraded to a sea view room with a balcony and at this stage I noted the roaring fire in the lounge. The room was delightful, large with a sitting area.
Our offer did not include dinner but as it was so freezing cold we decided to stop in both nights and eat at the restaurant which offered a good choice of menu
The breakfasts incidentally were the best we have had on our travels with the most extensive of choices all piping hot
We took walks around Brighton (disappointed that the Royal Pavilion was closed for repairs, that will have to wait for next time) and out onto the pier but as it was so very cold on the second day we came in, sat around the fire in the lounge and enjoyed an afternoon tea whilst watching the world go by. Of particular interest to me was the collage of framed pictures on the way to the garage which detailed the famous bombing of the hotel whilst Margaret Thatcher was in residence.
We would certainly go back again as all the staff were most friendly and helpful especially the concierges.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your extensive feedback (including your advice to future visitors to Brighton) following your stay at The Grand

I am very pleased that you had such a good stay and I will make sure your compliments are passed on to the entire team.

We work very hard at getting service right and always hope that the added touches provided by staff like our door man and the concierge team don’t go unnoticed by our guests. So it was lovely to hear you appreciated what they did for you. Thank you.

As you rightly point out the Grand is full of history - and has a number of landmark moments in history to its name - something I suppose that should be expected of a 150 year old building! Where these ‘moments’ include the atrocities of the 1984 bombing we endeavour to present these as sympathetically as possible so I am glad that you found the picture gallery interesting.

Thank you again for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand again soon

Reviewed 20 February 2012

First time at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Room was lovely and really comfortable bed. Breakfast was outstanding and although we only ate in the hotel on one night, the food was lovely although was a little expensive. Although I would enjoy staying again it would have to be on a special rate as their normal prices are a bit too high. Overall though a pleasant stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your complimentary post on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Grand

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your kind comments to the departments you specifically mention.

I was particularly pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and the food at dinner - something we were recently awarded an AA rosette for ranking us amongst the very best restaurants Brighton has to offer.

On a final point when you next plan to stay please note that the best rates are always available on our De Vere web site

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned from a short break to Brighton and stayed at the Grand.
We had booked a De Vere special offer and anticipated a fairly plain room as you don't usually get a great room with 'deals'. We arrived early and our bags were quickly unloaded and our car whisked away by the valet parking. I would mention that parking is quite expensive but at least it is secure. The receptionist was very helpful and said our room was ready. I asked if there were any sea view rooms available and she said if we were happy to pay a £25 per night supplement she would upgrade us to a large sea view room with balcony. We agreed and as the upgrade room wasn't quite ready decided to have some lunch and a drink in the bar.
Our bags disappeared with the concierge and we decided to go for a stroll on the beach.
Upon our return our room was ready and our bags had already been taken up for us.
The room was very large with a sofa bed as well and a fantastic view and balcony. It was a bit cold to linger too long outside but nice to have.
The bathroom was a good size with separate shower and bath and two sinks.
The rooms are a bit dated but the beds were comfortable and sheets spotless.
There were bathrobes available,although they were quite a snug fit. I guess the other guests were more slimline. It would be nice to have some slippers as well.
Breakfast was a standard buffet with a good selection. It was constantly replenished. You could also order from the menu and I had the eggs benedict which were very good.
We have stayed before so knew what to expect and with the deal price the Grand is a good option for a hotel on the sea front close to all the amenities.
We would come again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room on high floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments following your half term leisure break at The Grand Hotel

I am very pleased that you had a good time and the staff looked after you . I'm also pleased that you managed to get a good initial deal but then treated yourselves to a sea view room upgrade on arrival. The views from those rooms are fantastic.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Grand soon and thank you again for writing

regards

Reviewed 18 February 2012

As one of a party of six, we visited this hotel for afternoon tea and from the moment we stepped out of the taxi, I knew that I had chosen well. The hotel is beautiful, it looked well kept and fairly modern without having lost any of its charm. Our visit was during December and the hotel looked very festive and welcoming.
I could not fault the service or the quality of our afternoon tea, we where there to celebrate our Mum's "special" birthday, celebrate we did!
When the cake stands were brought to the table, the chef had written Happy Birthday on the plate, and my Mum was thrilled with this, probably they do this all the time for birthdays but, nevertheless it was very thoughtful and much appreciated by us.
I would take my Mum there again because she loved it, they even put together a little box of cakes for her to take home....we couldn't finish it all!

Room Tip: Saturday is an extra £5 per person.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Merseybird

Thank you for your lovely compliments following your visit to The Grand for afternoon tea

Naturally I was extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and. most importantly, your mother enjoyed her special day. I will thank the chef on your behalf for the efforts his team made to personalise the occasion for her.

I also hope you enjoyed the cakes you took home - too good to leave behind!

We hope to see you at The Grand again soon - but please don't feel you need to wait until another special birthday!

regards