This hotel is far from grand!! The rooms are extremely dated, with minimal natural daylight and central heating that you can not turn off!
The mattress on our bed was very hard and uncomfortable, we were told that we could swap rooms but then this offer was later retracted! They offered a replacement mattress but this never showed up!
Apparently the swimming pool is closed because the hotel has run out of funds, this would explain alot!!
Positives - the bar staff, concierge and breakfast were all excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel