“Fantastic wedding venue!”
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had our wedding reception in The Embassy Suite in August and we were VERY impressed. The staff were absolutely fantastic and all our guests commented how wonderful the food was. I tried to find reviews on weddings at The Grand before we decided on the venue but i couldnt find any, however I would highly recommend The Grand. During the drinks reception the guests glasses were constantly topped up and the room looked beautiful. They even let us bring our own chair covers which they fitted for us. The room that we stayed in as part of the wedding package was stunning too. There really was nothing we could fault about our wedding day. And we felt it was very good value for money too.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Sallysparkles
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Congratulations on your wedding and I am really pleased that your chose to celebrate your special day at The Grand.

The Grand has hosted so many weddings over the years and our team really does gain a great deal of satisfaction from providing exceptional service and ensuring that the day runs without a hitch. Our main suite is the perfect room and when dressed for the occasion it really is a stunning backdrop for any ceremony or reception.

As you explained, our honeymoon suite comes as part of the package and I agree its sea views, private balcony and of course the unique feature bathtub behind the king bed really are stunning features.

Once again thank you for writing and I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to all the staff involved.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

When we arrived, we were greeted by a doorman, who gathered up our suitcases, with no fuss. We then discovered we'd been upgraded, at no extra cost, so we had a room with a seaview!! The staff were polite without being stand-offish, friendly without being too pally. The bathroom was clean, the water hot, the shower refreshing and powerful.We didn't have an evening meal, but went back for a couple of drinks in the lounge. What a buzz!! Breakfast there is a help-yourself-job, with plenty of choice.

1  Thank MaryMck59

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Grand to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

We have such a motivated and passionate team here at The Grand, so I am pleased to hear that this came across during your stay with us.

We always try our utmost to make a celebratory stay as special as possible, so I am pleased that we were able to upgrade you to one of our sea facing rooms. The Victoria lounge really does offer a wonderful ambience particular in the evening, so I am glad you made the most of this too.

Thanks again for writing and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is not 5* as it says .the room was not what we were expecting as is states on the website very shabby looking .Mini fridge in cuboard didnt work so we had warm bottled water!! we were getting ready for goin out for a meal went to run a bath my god i gave up in the end it took 15 mins to fill up half way !! so had a shower which didnt stop driping all night .We tried to sleep but couldnt we couldnt open our window and the air con didnt work so we were baking hot !! then to top it off we were woken up at 830am as he introduce himself as the cleaner just checking if we were still here!! (surely reception would of told him we havent departed) as spoke to anouther couple next door they also got a knock before us (checkout is 11am ) the bathroom was dirty mould around shower head and taps ,toilet was not clean the bathroom was very cheap b&b style . wanted a cuppa in the morning the kettle lid wouldnt open to fill up water .i gave up after this point !! my partner wasnt inpressed either we expected a lot more . on the up side breakfast was lovely and reception staff nice to , as we went to check out it was busy i couldnt see a duty manager abount so i could talk to them abount our room also there was no feedback cards in the room for us to write on .

2  Thank joanna l
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback on TA.

I was very disappointed to read that you encountered some housekeeping issues during your stay.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for these issues. This is certainly not the standards that we set. We do recognise that some rooms are in need of refurbishment and this is being addressed currently as part of our investment programme. Despite this, the issues which you described are unacceptable and I have passed on your feedback to our Executive Housekeeper to investigate and communicate to his team.

This aside, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our reception staff to be helpful and friendly.

I can assure you that your feedback will be acted upon and I do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to prove just how great we can be.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We were passing through Brighton before setting off on holiday from Gatwick. We found the deal on the internet, and it looked good so we booked. It was so good we wish we staying longer than only the one night. The first impression was perfect, when we were greeted at the door by an immaculately dressed gent who took our car to the hotel car park (a little pricey, but so is all of Brighton.) The room was large, perfectly furnished, very clean, and comfortable.
All of the staff were attentive and very helpfull.
The position was very good for a seafront stroll or exploring the towns shops.
The breakfast was very good, but the waiter designated with the task of replenishing the empty buffet dishes could have been more efficient.
Overall, a very good value for money break.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to offer your feedback.

I am pleased that you chose to stay at The Grand before jetting off on holiday. We always aim to offer a warm welcome and our valet parking service really is convenient.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and found the hotel to be such a convenient base in which to explore the city. We are so fortunate to be located so centrally with shops and major attractions within walking distance.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

A lovely place to have afternoon tea, with views across the sea front and excellent service you wont be disappointed. Afternoon teas in the Grand are not rushed they are a little pricey but on the flip side, the food is more than enough for two. Add a glass of champagne to the experience, sit back and relax.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lmdcj

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very pleased you enjoyed our famous afternoon tea within the surrondings of The Victoria Lounge. We are very fortunate to be able to serve our afternoon tea with stunning sea views as a backdrop! I agree, a chilled glass of good champagne really does make it a very special afternoon treat.

Thanks again for writing

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Our family stayed at The Grand at the end of August and I have to say that the staff were the most helpful I have ever encountered. We were met with a (very young) chap when we parked outside who held an umbrella over us and we were upgraded when we checked in. As it was a holiday for my 80 year old mum, I particularly wanted a good room and she was thrilled with hers. We ate in the resturant the first night with a large party of people. I found the menu a bit boring as I dont like fish, but other members of my party liked it. My sister could not find anything she fancied on the main menu for pudding, so she had something from the kids menu! The staff did not bat an eyelid when she asked. This was the general theme throughout our stay, the staff couldnt be more helpful.

The next night my Mum was tired and I asked if we could have one of the bar meals served at a table in the conservatory area as she would not be able to manage sitting at a bar table. When we came down they had set up the table like a formal meal, which my Mum liked.

My only gripe was that as they have a lot of weddings, there was a bit of noise one night when the bridesmaids got excited/merry/drunk? and were shouting down the (beautiful) staircase at 12.30am. This is not the hotel's fault really but annoying when you are woken up.

We booked a cream tea which was £25 each, expensive but good value compared to many London hotels. This was fantastic and as we could not eat everything we asked for a doggy bag - again staff were very helpful. Sorry, its the northern in me that means I dont like to waste things!

The building is wonderful and it is lovely to sit and take in the history. We will come again.

Room Tip: I liked the sea view rooms but obviously more expensive
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonSeh

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand.

It is always such a pleasure to read such positive comments relating to the staff. I am delighted you found our team to be friendly and so accommodating. We do pride ourselves on offering a personalised service and our staff work hard to achieve that for all of our guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed dinner in the restaurant and afternoon tea in The Victoria lounge. Afternoon tea is definitely a real treat and a time to indulge. You certainly leave satisfied and you are not the first to have taken a few cakes and sandwiches home to enjoy later on.

Thank you again for writing and we do hope to welcome you and your family back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights during the end of july and we had amazing weather. The hotel itself was very clean with a fantastic interior. The staff were very helpful. We had a small room with a view of a brick wall but we only paid £120 b+b for 2 nights so they obviously gave us one of the cheap rooms. There were upgrades available for sea views etc but v expensive. The mattress on the bed was very soft so if you prefer a hard mattress this may be of concern. I liked it but it was soft. The breakfast was the second best I've ever had at a hotel (beaten only by Sandals Inn, jamaica). Its a buffet with freshly premium oj, there's various hot bits like nbacon etc for a full english breakfast. Lots of indulgent pastries and someone cooking up fresh pancakes+waffles! Lots of fresh fruit, cereals and breads. We have been lucky+travelled all over the world but the interior of the hotel+the food one of the best ever. BTW don't worry about drinks at the bar being expensive, very reasonable and actually cheaper then a trendy brighton bar!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your review further to your recent stay at The Grand.

I am pleased that you had pleasant weather during your stay in Brighton and that you had an enjoyable experience with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offering too. Our Executive Chef and his team have worked hard to put together a menu that offers huge variety and choices for all. I have made sure to pass on your kind feedback to the kitchen.

I am glad that you felt that our bar offering represented value for money. We do pride ourselves on offering high quality, choice and affordability.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.