“The grand”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The grand”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We got a really good deal for this hotel on trivago. The location is perfect and the hotel is as the it's name suggests very grand. The service was fab. The breakfast was great every thing you could wish for. The drinks in the bar were not as expensive as we expected. The only complaint would be they were having some work done so the view out of the window was scaffolding and also as other people have mentioned the room was uncomfortably hot. The bed was uncomfortable too but they are the only things I could fault. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed May 2013
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you very much for passing on your comments following your recent stay with us here at The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole, and that my staff gave you such great service. It will be a pleasure to pass your feedback onto them so that they see their efforts are not going unnoticed.

I am however sorry to see that your room was too warm and that you had issues with your bed - I will be sure to discuss these matters with my Maintenance team immediately.

I hope to welcome you back into the hotel in the near future.

Andrew Mosley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
  • Arabic first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As a surprise for my 58th birthday, my fiancé secretly booked a break at the Grand Brighton, I have travelled extensively throughout my life but this turned out to be the best birthday I can remember. From the moment we arrived at the Grand, the welcome, staff, facilities and general ambience were perfect. our delightful room was one of those recently refurbished overlooking the beach. The restaurant offering at the spanking new GB1 was stunning to put it mildly, and the food to die for. As part of my special treat, the following morning after a superb breakfast, a trip to the Spa for a relaxing and invigorating massage. The location od the Grand was perfect for exploring the Lanes and a short walk to the pier, the marina being only a few minutes away.
The entire weekend was so very special and I believe everyone should try to take advantage of the fact we have such a magnificent hotel on our shores, it felt like an exotic holiday packed into a weekend break. Thank you so much/.

Room Tip: There is no substitute for a sea view when you wake up !!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review of The Grand on TripAdvisor - and Happy (belated!) Birthday. I am so truly pleased to see that my staff were able to make this such a special occasion for you.

We have spent considerable time and effort over the last year refurbishing the hotel, and making ourselves the best we can truly be, and reading comments like yours lets us know that it was all worthwhile. My team work incredibly hard to provide all of our guests and visitors with impeccable service at all times, and I will be sure to pass your feedback to all of my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel again soon,

Berkshire
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Visited the recently opened spa yesterday, from the moment we stepped into the hotel the service was fantastic; we were escorted down to the spa facilities which was a lovely first touch rather than just being pointed in the direction.
The receptionist was friendly and welcoming showing us around the amazing facilities, everything is so clean and fresh, the robes and towels fluffy and the treatments were the best we’ve had in a while. The therapists were great explaining the treatments taking such care and attention over them.
If you are looking for a relaxing spa experience in Brighton I would definitely recommend visiting here. We loved it so much that we’ve booked the same package again when we visit Brighton in a few weeks’ time, I can’t wait!

1 Thank Windsorgal1
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our brand new Spa, we have been working on it for a long time, but couldn't be happier with the results! I will be sure to pass your feedback onto my Spa team, and they will be thrilled to see their hard work has been appreciated.

I hope to welcome yu back to the spa in the near future - We are currently running a number of special deals and opening offers for the spa, so be sure to have a look on the De Dere website for full details.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed on the sixth room in standard room which was very large and comfortable apart from being hot (no air con) small bathroom but lots of hot water and great shower. Sea food restaurant was excellent as was the service, good breakfast as well. Bar area a little small when the hotel is busy but good service.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear nice and quiet but would be hot in the summer months
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of The Grand on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us, and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all my staff - particularly my GB1 team.

However i am concerend to note your comments regarding your room being too warm, and I will of course address these with my Maintenance team.

I look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel in the near future,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just returned from a night at the Grand- it was a thoroughly relaxing experience. The standard of everything was exceptional and the food 1st class. We had a great lunch in the GB1 restaurant and the room was so comfortable . We felt that attention had been paid to all the little details that make staying away special. Thank you to everyone. We cannot wait to book again despite only living 7 mile away...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for aking the time to pass on your comments following your recent trip to us here at The Grand. It is always a delight to hear such wonderful feedback, be it from guests from far flung corners of the world, or just around the corner!

I will take great delight in passing on your ocmments to my team, especially the Chefs and waiting staff who have worked so hard to launch GB1 and make is the success it has been.

I look forward to welcoming you into the hotel in the near future, the De Vere website always lists our best prices and I am sure you could find yourself a summer bargain!

Skewen, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was in Brighton for a conference and ate in the Grand Hotel one evening, which hosted our conference dinner. The food and service were superb, although the wine list was slighly over priced. The quality of our meals was first class.

• Stayed May 2013
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of The Grand following your recent stay with us.

Our new restaurant, GB1, has been a huge success since it opened and I am so pleased you enjoyed the combination of freshly caught produce and "food theatre". I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our chefs and waiters, who work so hard to deliver great service to all of our guests.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Recently opened Spa is just amazing place! 2 excellent thermal rooms- Sauna and steam room, so clean, fresh and still can smell real wood fragrance. It's quite place, relaxing music, candles, Wonderful quality bathrobes and towels!
I had beck and shoulder massage and it was best experience I ever had! Then nail treatment and hand massage!
Staff is amazing, polite, professional and more than happy to assist you with every request!
The best place in Brighton for relaxing and peaceful day out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of The Grand following your recent stay with us.

We are so very proud of our beautiful new Spa, and of how much hard work the Spa team have put into it to make it a success, so I will be delighted to pass on your comments to the team. They have undergone huge amounts of training prior to the opening, and it is so gratifying to see that their efforts re being appreciated by our guests.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.