“Present stay . Average staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Present stay . Average staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here for one night on my birthday . Present from father in law . Found the hotel a nice place to be enjoying cocktail in the bar . Had dinner in the gb1 with the family . 13 people food was amazing and waiter was 5* . We had breakfast in bed . But our toast was missing . So rung house keeping and was told that they knew and where bring it up .
( would of been nice if we where told this when food was delivered )
Other down fall was when we arrived our room was 45 mins late . We where not told what floor our room
Was on and had to ask . And was still not shown . Got to the room the key fob did not work . Went back to reception and where told I has never not worked before . Am
I doing it wrong . Which I have the same system at my work so know
How it works . After getting in the room was good clean . Went for a walk and saw a valet Parker from the hotel
Speeding in a customer car . . Over all hotel and restaurant amazing staff not so good . Better service at there sister hotel on Bournemouth .

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you very much for passing on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and thank you so much for spending it here at The Grand.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel as a whole, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Lounge and GB1 teams.

I am however disappointed to see that you encountered a number of issues while staying with us, and I will of course stress the importance of good service and prompt delivery of food to all my teams. I can also promise you that as a hotel we take the safety of all of our staff and guests extremely seriously, and as such I will be talking to all of my Concierge team about the importance of road safety.

Thank you once again, and I hope we will welcome you back into the hotel in the future, and be able to show you how right we can get it.

Andrew Mosley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,105)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for one night and enjoyed our stay, the room was newly decorated and well appointed, despite there being no view. The bar was really nice to hang out in before we went for dinner and I can imagine having a nice afternoon tea there. Breakfast was great with a really good selection on offer. I think that the price is fairly high but you are paying for the prestige of staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your visit to us here at The Grand.

The refurbishment project is nearly complete, and has taken the best part of a year, but hearing positive comments from guests such as yourself really does make it all worthwhile.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my Lounge team, and if you do ever want to experience Afternoon Tea here at The Grand, maybe on the Terrace on a sunny afternoon, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a booking. We have a new Afternoon Tea service launching later in the Summer, and I can promise you it is worth the trip!

I will also pass on your compliments to my Breakfast team, who work so hard to get our guests days off to such a great start.

Warm Regards, and I look forward to welcoming you into the hotel again soon.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel just over a year ago and had a quite lengthy complaint which I took to the management on my return home. The Deputy Manager phoned me and emailed me to follow up and was very sympathetic to my complaint and eager to offer a solution to the problem.
My sister and I stayed for a night at the end of May in a Sea View deluxe room. It was wonderful, spacious, modern and very clean. We loved it and what a treat for us.
Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked. This is how I imagined the Grand should be.
I have read many bad reviews on here about the Grand and a year ago I would have added to them, but I gave the management chance to respond to my complaint first and they dealt with it very professionally and to a satisfactory conclusion. I wanted to wait until my second stay before I wrote a review.
Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would never be able to afford the room we have just stayed in even for 1 night. Would I recommend to others? Definitely and if you have a problem, let them know and give them a chance to put it right, you may be surprised.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us here at The Grand.

While I am truly sorry that we made some errors during your first stay with us, I am so pleased to see that your return was a success, and we showed you how Grand we can be!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We got a really good deal for this hotel on trivago. The location is perfect and the hotel is as the it's name suggests very grand. The service was fab. The breakfast was great every thing you could wish for. The drinks in the bar were not as expensive as we expected. The only complaint would be they were having some work done so the view out of the window was scaffolding and also as other people have mentioned the room was uncomfortably hot. The bed was uncomfortable too but they are the only things I could fault. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for passing on your comments following your recent stay with us here at The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole, and that my staff gave you such great service. It will be a pleasure to pass your feedback onto them so that they see their efforts are not going unnoticed.

I am however sorry to see that your room was too warm and that you had issues with your bed - I will be sure to discuss these matters with my Maintenance team immediately.

I hope to welcome you back into the hotel in the near future.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

As a surprise for my 58th birthday, my fiancé secretly booked a break at the Grand Brighton, I have travelled extensively throughout my life but this turned out to be the best birthday I can remember. From the moment we arrived at the Grand, the welcome, staff, facilities and general ambience were perfect. our delightful room was one of those recently refurbished overlooking the beach. The restaurant offering at the spanking new GB1 was stunning to put it mildly, and the food to die for. As part of my special treat, the following morning after a superb breakfast, a trip to the Spa for a relaxing and invigorating massage. The location od the Grand was perfect for exploring the Lanes and a short walk to the pier, the marina being only a few minutes away.
The entire weekend was so very special and I believe everyone should try to take advantage of the fact we have such a magnificent hotel on our shores, it felt like an exotic holiday packed into a weekend break. Thank you so much/.

Room Tip: There is no substitute for a sea view when you wake up !!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent review of The Grand on TripAdvisor - and Happy (belated!) Birthday. I am so truly pleased to see that my staff were able to make this such a special occasion for you.

We have spent considerable time and effort over the last year refurbishing the hotel, and making ourselves the best we can truly be, and reading comments like yours lets us know that it was all worthwhile. My team work incredibly hard to provide all of our guests and visitors with impeccable service at all times, and I will be sure to pass your feedback to all of my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel again soon,

Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Visited the recently opened spa yesterday, from the moment we stepped into the hotel the service was fantastic; we were escorted down to the spa facilities which was a lovely first touch rather than just being pointed in the direction.
The receptionist was friendly and welcoming showing us around the amazing facilities, everything is so clean and fresh, the robes and towels fluffy and the treatments were the best we’ve had in a while. The therapists were great explaining the treatments taking such care and attention over them.
If you are looking for a relaxing spa experience in Brighton I would definitely recommend visiting here. We loved it so much that we’ve booked the same package again when we visit Brighton in a few weeks’ time, I can’t wait!

1 Thank Windsorgal1
Thank you very much for your recent review of The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to our brand new Spa, we have been working on it for a long time, but couldn't be happier with the results! I will be sure to pass your feedback onto my Spa team, and they will be thrilled to see their hard work has been appreciated.

I hope to welcome yu back to the spa in the near future - We are currently running a number of special deals and opening offers for the spa, so be sure to have a look on the De Dere website for full details.

Thanks once again,

Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed on the sixth room in standard room which was very large and comfortable apart from being hot (no air con) small bathroom but lots of hot water and great shower. Sea food restaurant was excellent as was the service, good breakfast as well. Bar area a little small when the hotel is busy but good service.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear nice and quiet but would be hot in the summer months
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of The Grand on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us, and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all my staff - particularly my GB1 team.

However i am concerend to note your comments regarding your room being too warm, and I will of course address these with my Maintenance team.

I look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel in the near future,