We stayed at the just refurbished Grand for a night at the end of June. From the friendly welcome and perfect service at check-in (valet parking, our luggage taken up to the room, etc) to check-out the next morning we had a brilliant experience all round. Our room, 719, was very large and beautifully decorated with a sofa, two armchairs, a large flat-screen television, a massivy, comfy bed (must be super king size) and a nice bathroom. Bathrobes and plenty of towels, but a few little odds and sods were missing, perhaps as the room has literally just been finished? E.g. hotel information and stationary weren't there, and no slippers to go with the bathrobes. And a mini bar would have been nice, though the two bottles of water and the tea tray almost made up for it. Tiny details really.
Breakfast was spectacular - one of the best buffets I've seen. Full English plus a menu of made to order dishes like Eggs Benedict, fruits, juices, lots of different breads and pastries, cereal, jams, cold meats, cheese, waffles etc etc. And very good coffee. Also, Sunday breakfast was available till 11 am, which I like!
The only disappointment was that I could not get an appointment in the spa - I was desperate for a short massage - as it was fully booked on both days. I asked for an appointment on 9:30 on Saturday morning, so I assumed they'd have a few slots open for the weekend. But no - nothing at all. For a hotel that advertises its Spa so heavily, this isn't great. Perhaps a note that early booking is highly recommended would have made me sort out an appointment before I arrived... And there is no swimming pool or jacuzzi that I could have used instead.
All in all, we had a great time and I was less than keen on leaving the hotel on Sunday. Highly recommend this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel