A good hotel with old fashioned ideas of service a bit expensive but worth it.
however the sea view room was ordered with a balcony.
Their idea of a balcony and mine are completely different.
I was expecting a balcony you two of you could stand on at the very least.
the Grand's idea is a metal frame outside the patio doors with no area at all.
The room was wonderful, very clean and well appointed.
Unfortunately due to the traffic on the road outside moving 24/7 with Police and Ambulances having to use their sirens to clear a path you can`t sleep with the windows open and there is no Air Con (we picked the first real warm weekend to go down there). There was a ceiling fan which was faulty (They fixed it the next day) and they provided an air cooler within an hour of our complaint. As I said their service is excellent. we thought that the bar prices were steep until we went into town to find town pub prices only slightly cheaper.
The breakfast is very good as well and plenty of it. S
Some of the seating at the front of the hotel is reserved from 2 o'clock in the afternoon for cream teas. So if you want a quiet drink you are relegated to the bar area which is a bit dark we noticed that this also happened in the evening.
When you are spending this sort of money you don`t expect to find outsiders taking the better seats. overall a very good hotel with a few areas which need attending too. Would recommend it just for the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel