We booked a budget room with breakfast, taking into account what we paid we were satisfied with our stay. However, our room was not ready until after 4pm...and we were the lucky ones. The late availability of room seems to be the norm. All 4 evenings were were in the hotel we heard many vociferous complaints about guests not getting into their rooms 'till very late - 5.45 on one occasion.
Breakfast was good, but queuing is the norm during busy times, personally I do not find queuing for breakfast at a top hotel acceptable, Breakfast is served between 7-10 am , yet when there was no prepared fruit at 9.30 I was informed it was finished for the day , I complained and was told if I selected a fruit from the display the chef would prepare it - there were some apples and oranges! Further complaint led to a new bowl of fruit being served - with melon, grapefruit, oranges, grapes etc - why wait 'till a fuss is created to serve up what is advertised and clearly available?
Ladies downstairs toilets - need a complete revamp. they are shabby , with broken toilet seats.
Our room had a view of a red brick wall - see photo - however overall a reasonable stay at a good price, but don't think if you pay more you will get better , you won't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel