In some ways, 2 is quite a harsh score but it sums up several things that were just not what they should have been. Accepting that I was on a business conference package, having a room with no view (just a few feet to the opposite rooms) should not have been a surprise and wasn't. This was my second room, but the first was just the other side however, I couldn't actually get into that room. The staff had the same problem but then said I could 'pull it then push it' and it should be ok. That they would still get maintenance to look at it 'in the morning' didn't fill me with optimism and I insisted on a new room. The room itself was ok - huge bed. But the wall handle for the shower & bath was loose, there was no bath mat & it all felt a bit jaded as did quite a few areas in the hotel.
I will Say that breakfast is very good. Shame about the lunches. Day one, I chose risotto which arrived looking like a congealed rice pudding & luke warm. Not good at all. I changed my order for the second day to the chicken Caesar salad. Much better - until I discovered the long and dark coloured hair in the middle of it. No I didn't want a replacement or to order anything else. That was enough thanks:-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel