It's a while since I last used a hotel of this quality and stature and I had forgotten how good the experience could be. From the moment I walked through the door the quality of both the hotel and even more importantly the staff was outstanding.
The welcome was friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble, the highest standards of professionalism. As I was on business the room was classed as a standard double but it was a good size with a large bathroom and immaculately clean. Nicely furnished with a very comfortable arm chair and a large comfy bed, new flat screen TV and a remote that worked!.
Drinks in the bar are eye wateringly expensive (for a Northerner!) however the ambience, comfortable seating areas and friendly attentive staff make it a pleasant experience.
Super breakfast with extensive choice of hot and cold dishes. Couldn't find fault and whoever the Manager is he or she should be congratulated your staff do you and your establishment credit.He only downside is the cost of parking however I suppose when the Grand was first built you would arrive in a carriage or chaufeur driven car but be warned parking is pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel