we stayed here the saturday before christmas for a works do,on the whole a pleasant experience . i have visited the Grand on numerous occasions over the years but not to stay overnight. We had a seafront room with wonderful views of the awful weather and what is left of West Pier, the room was tastefully furnished and came with a huge bed which was very comfortable.yes the room was a bit draughty but once you closed the very thick curtains it was very cosy indeed.and yes the floorboards creaked but that comes with the territory of an old building. We had arrived at 2pm so enjoyed tea and sandwiches down in the bar. excellent food and excellent service all the staff were very attentive. after the dinner dance we sat in the bar on cosy friendly sofas and once again attentive staff, who were happy to do piles of toasted sandwiches at 1am in the morning. Breakfast was good with a Buffet offering food for all tastes. Our english breakfast was hot and tasty and much needed after the night before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel