First stay at The Grand. Arrived by car and the concierge were helpful in collecting the bags (one distinctly miserable doorman though). Check-in was prompt and politely executed. The hotel had a lovely sense of occasion in preparation for Christmas, with a large tree by the staircase and jazz pianist playing away. Our room for the first night was ok. We were allocated an accessible/disabled room, which whilst furnished to a high standard, was dimly lit with a view of a brick wall a couple of feet from the window. The very shallow bath, not completely clean accessible sink and extra rails somewhat detracted from a sense of luxury. However, feeling this, reception were receptive when I asked to change rooms for the second night and moved us to a fantastic Deluxe Sea View room. This would be well worth the upgrade and had a balcony with a stunning view of Brighton seafront. The buffet breakfast was of a good standard (make sure to get a table overlooking the promenade). Despite a couple of niggles, The Grand has become my new favourite hotel in Brighton (out of 3 I've stayed in). Just make sure to book a room with a sea view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel