The Grand Brighton
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$265
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$194
US$141
US$160
US$149
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$175
Travelocity
US$151
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Breakfast included
US$98
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
8,443 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was taken here with five of my best friends for my 50th birthday. It was fantastic. The afternoon tea was lovely, plenty of it, copious amounts of tea, piano playing (even happy birthday!), and they brought out a cake with Happy 50th Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. It was so lovely and special. The staff were very attentive and we had very comfortable sofas to sit on. There was two sittings but we weren't ushered out. Would be lovely to sit in the window on a lovely Spring day. Would definitely go again and would recommend it. Certainly for an elderly relatives birthday, as the opulence and "old fashioned" décor would be appreciated. The price (although I didn't pay for mine) was very reasonable in comparison to other high quality hotels that offer the same service. Less than £25.00 per head.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine2
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here for a few nights back in 2011. The hotel has a very awe inspiring presence from the outside, and the staff at the door and reception are very friendly and accommodating. The inside of the hotel has lots of character (but in a strange way looks a bit dated) and the rooms are very spacious. The only time I ate in the hotel was for breakfast which was good, plenty of choice and well cooked food. However, all of this is bog standard for a hotel of this quality, to be honest, there was nothing about this hotel that stood out to me and made me go, wow!
So, in summary, you pays your money and you takes your choice, you will not be let down by this place, but I felt I came away, not disappointed, but just somehow feeling I should have come away feeling a little bit more excited about my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I were in Brighton for a concert and stayed at The Grand in a standard room for just one night (a Monday)- The "meet and greet" on arrival was very good indeed with the concierge taking the car and luggage with alacrity. We checked in and though our room was not yet ready (We were early) the reception staff could not have been nicer.
After lunch in town we were shown to our room which though "a standard" was larger than expected with good facilities and a huge bed. Afternoon tea in the bar/lounge was good and as we were kept waiting a few minutes we were told it was complimentary!!
Breakfast the following morning (mainly buffet though there is an option for more dishes at extra cost) was first class.
The price - very reasonable considering the facilities and position of the hotel, we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JolsMiltonKeynes
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here for one night and its one of the most expensive hotels in Brighton so you expect a lot for your money. It was however, very old fashioned from the Carpet to the walls and bed linen, the customer service was great . It just needs to be modernised . Hardly anybody likes that dated look any more.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mccanna2011
Reviewed 19 February 2014

the good: reception staff excellent ... easy check in. the Concierge men-- all handsome I might add-- went above and beyond to help me with some tickets and with great humor. The rooms are large, the beds hugely comfy, the towels in the bathroom are excellent. ( toilet does not flush easily due to old plumbing-- and the ladies room downstairs has an aggressive drain which makes noise all the time). Service throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful.

I thought the breakfast could have had more fresh veg ... but the artisan bread was so good that I forgave. the one thing I could not forgive was the tasteless coffee.

this hotel is not fancy-- there is NO place in my room to place sweaters etc. ( but there are ample hangers... except the closet is huge enough to build some shelves). But its a nice hotel with nice people , a great location and a young energetic crew of people to make a good stay
Beware of sea gulls-- I was in the back and they woke me daily at 5:30... part of the sea side stuff !! Many of the rooms have view of walls. I wasn't in the room in the day so it did not matter-- might do if you are here for romance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business