We decided to stay at The Grand for 3 nights as our Honeymoon treat and what a good choice it was! the room was fantastic, we recieved Champagne & strawberries in our room which was very much appreciated, Thank You. The real reason to stay at The Grand though is the staff! They are all fantastic, the doormen, reception staff, restaurant organisers, chefs etc but by far was the waiters & waitresses in the evening, especially Johnathan & Agga (forgive me if my spelling is rubbish) They made our evenings eating at the Grand wonderful, Thank You.. We had planned to eat out at different places but chose to eat here on the first night and realised we would struggle to top the food and service, both top notch, so we ate in the restaurant every night. One word of caution, on the final night I requested to eat at the bar, give this a miss, no Agga or Johnathan to look after you, talk to you, laugh with you, my mistake as at the bar the guy has too many people to look after, not his fault but not ideal.
Just a request to De Vere, PLEASE look at the breakfast situation, as you have a buffet policy it is does not work with such a small station to choose your breakfast from, either put a 2nd station in or make the 1 you have bigger, at weekends it resembles a scrum and your staff are over-run refilling and your guests are left feeling short changed. I hope you see that as constructive.
Overall what a wonderful place to stay, I would suggest you go and enjoy! Thank You again to all of you at The Grand in our eyes you are all "Grand"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel