My partner has always wanted to stay here so booked a 1 night stay as a birthday treat.
Upon arrival our room was not ready as they needed to check it first, the receptonist offered us a complimentary hot drink whilst we waited, so we thought the service would contine throughout our stay but what a disappoint.
The room was like a sauna even though we stayed in mid winter! There appeared to be no temperature control.
The welcome pack was all about how you could spend money in the hotel, no details of how to get breakfast or what time it wss served, we had to ask reception.
I upgraded the room to include a starbucks coffee machine but was unable to use as the plug located next to it was hanging off the wall! I had to boil the kettle on the floor as there were no plugs near a table and the tea tray was in the wardrobe.
Considering we had to wait for them to check our room they clearly missed the toothpaste stain on the cushion.
To top it off I put the bathrobe on in the morning to a find a gapping whole in it like a rat had chewed it!
The breakfast is a huge disappointment, buffett was cold and not appetising. Considering the size of this hotel you would think they would be able to cope with people ordering breakfast and it being served to order.
We were offered a £89 refund but considering how much we paid this was a bit if an insult.
Will definitely never be returning here, ive had better experiences in a premeir inn for a third if the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel