First of all I would like to say that I didn't stay this time. I didn't get past reservations on the phone and then reception at the hotel itself. Secondly I have stayed twice before it was renovated and it did need renovating. I got through to their central reservations which is always a pain as they have no idea of what the hotel provides most of the time. I asked about availability and then as an afterthought asked if the sauna was in working order as I wanted to go for a workout and then a sauna. The reply I got from the young man was 'as far as he knew' it was. Well that's not really a very good answer as I told him, as had I booked and got there and found the sauna out of order I wouldn't have been too pleased. I said I'd like to speak to someone at the hotel and he told me to call the same number and wait till the end of the options which I did.
The girl who answered the phone seemed to struggle to understand what I was asking her and went rambling on about only hotel guests are allowed to use the facilities and I stopped her and repeated my question. I wanted to know if the sauna was working and then was informed that even as a guest I could only use the sauna if I had a treatment!! They don't put that on the website! And they quote a 'fully equipped gym'. As a regular gym user 'fully equipped' means 'fully equipped' but I was a little concerned by now so asked the receptionist what pieces of equipment are there in the gym exactly. I was told just a treadmill and a cycle and some weights! I hardly call that 'fully equipped'! Just as well I didn't book a room as I could see a big argument trying to get my money back had I turned out to find a pathetic exercise room rather than a gym and a sauna that I can't use unless I pay for a treatment! What a rip off and I don't care how lovely they've made the rooms they are deceiving people by what they put on their website. And that is why I'm writing this so that other people don't spend over £200 (which was what we were going to do today) and get ripped off if they wanted gym facilities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel