The Grand Brighton
  • Restaurant
Topps(Brighton)
  • Free Internet
8,435 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked The Grand Hotel Brighton to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a wonderful time we had. The booking was simple and we are so pleased we upgraded to a seafront Deluxe Room. Upon arrival we were greeted by Colin who ushered us in taking care of the luggage and car with the minimum of fuss. At reception we were greeted with efficiency and speed and although arriving 3 hours before we were due the room was ready and luggage arrived with the minimum of fuss. The room itself was just magnificent. Spotlessly clean and with lots of goodies. A huge bed which was really comfortable with spotless white linen. The bar was a lovely area to chill out before dinner (see separate review for GB1 Restaurant), again the staff looked after us really well. I understand that during our stay the hotel changed hands and is no longer part of the De vere group. I do hope the new owners do not change this hotel in any way it is perfect just the way it is. Thanks to all the staff that made our anniversary so special. We hope to return as soon as we can.
Jan & Ray Young xx

Room Tip: Try to get room 220 it is right at the front in the middle of the hotel, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanRayYoung
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay. It is our pleasure to provide the perfect setting for celebrations such as wedding anniversaries, and I am pleased you were able to experience one of our luxury room upgrades.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend here and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The concierge were very attentive and were always on hand without being prompted for bags and doors etc. The room was a little on the small side but it was well furnished and spotlessly clean throughout. The bar area is very nice and was always busy and buzzing throughout the day and evening. Live music in the form of a pianist was played at various times and made for a very sophisticated feel to the bar. A definite must in the evening if you want to escape the craziness of some parts of the town and very relaxing.

Breakfast was included with our room and it certainly surpassed my expectations. There was so much choice and everything was of the highest quality and replenished frequently. Considering the size of the hotel and number of guests it is highly commendable for the staff to keep up with everyones needs but they did so brilliantly.

We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

It is great news that you had a lovely weekend with us at the Grand. I will pass on your kind words to our concierge. I’m also very pleased to see that our new and improved breakfast service is being enjoyed by our guests. We updated this due to some adverse feedback on Trip Advisor a few months ago – proof that we do act on what our guest are telling us I promise!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner and I spent a great long weekend at the De Vere Grand Brighton.

The Hotel is definitely Grand, very comfortable. good food, and very good staff who are attentive as is possible without being intrusive.

We had breakfast included and I have never seen such a huge selection available, again the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. The kitchen and restaurant teams will be delighted to hear your kind comments.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Maybe my expectations were just too high, but I was overwhelmingly dissapointed with my stay at The Grand over Easter weekend. From the average welcome at reception, or having to prompt the concierge to help me with my luggage, to the staff members who repeatedly ignored me when passing on the stairs or corridors. I could go on...

The positives; well it is indeed a grand old building. Food was reasonably good quality, but frankly, it's a bit of a faded glory when you scratch beneath the surface. Thread bare carpets and damaged wall coverings aboud.

What really irritated was the poor attention to detail and the sub standard service levels. Unfirendly staff who appear to have little effective supervision or management. At £170 per night, I came away feeling I hadn't received value for money & with no encouragement to return.

Real shame, as I was thoroughly looking forward to my "Grand" experience.

Room Tip: Personally, i'd look somewhere else. However, whilst the sea view rooms are impressive, they also suffer from a great deal of noise. If you value peace & quiet, ask for a rear facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I want to apologise you felt disappointed with some of the service you received over the Easter weekend. I can assure you your feedback has been passed on to ensure this does not happen again.

In regards to the interior of the hotel, we will continue to upgrade facilities to add to the £7 million refurb of last year (this stage now complete) which included all bedrooms, the spa, GB1 restaurant, the lounge and our meeting rooms. Any future works will be phased so as not to cause disruption to our guests

We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I (2 adults & 1 child) stayed in a Chambre Unique on the 5th floor and were very impressed - yes, it was an expensive room (we paid £389 for one night with breakfast) and so you expect luxury but we weren't disappointed - the views were good, the room itself was very big and luxurious and the bathroom was great. The staff were fantastic and the price of drinks/food in the hotel bar and restaurants weren't overpriced. You can get the type of room we stayed in at a much cheaper rate but we stayed over the Easter weekend and so it was always going to be costly - I'd highly recommend staying here - Brighton's expensive, whatever accommodation you go choose, so it's definitely worth paying a little bit extra and having a taste of how the 'other half' live!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to hear you and your family had a lovely stay in one of our luxury upgraded rooms. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff, we are very proud to be able to offer a high standard of customer service to all our guests.