The Grand Brighton
  • Restaurant
Topps(Brighton)
  • Free Internet
8,440 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is very well located. A short walk from the station and only a few minutes from the main town and the pier. It is clean, comfortable and the décor although not modern adds to the charm. Breakfast is good and the restaurant is lovely for lunch. The accommodation is very good and there is free Wi-Fi in the hotel.
It is close to a conference centre, cinema and beach.

Room Tip: You need a sea view!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased you had a lovely stay. We are very lucky to be located so close to the city centre but also right in the middle of sea front and always encourage guests to make the most of what Brighton has to offer.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have stayed at the Grand before but many years ago. The old lady of the Grand was lovely! Old fashioned, charming and special. Remove those comments and that is what you have got now! Naff, money grabbing and no class.

I won't bore you with our booking process but the responses were robotic and charmless - a clue we believe as to what the real experience would be. We should have cancelled there and then!

We arrived slightly early and were met by a charmless receptionist with no personality and was obviously going through the motions. I asked that she ring us when our room was ready - we had no confidence she would and guess what - she didn't.

We paid £299 for a twin de vere room - what a total rip off, tiny, pokey and dingy. We had a view of a scuffy brick wall and no air conditioning. If you don't want to have a brick wall of a view an upgrade is £100 per night making the total cost of room £399! I could have an overwater villa in the Maldives for that!! TOTALLY overpriced regardless of supply and demand

Try to get a drink in the bar in the afternoon - no chance! Whole area taken over for afternoon teas to non-residents! We had to wait for a table between 'afternoon Tea' sittings!

This hotel is a has been - spend your well earned money elsewhere.

Btw: we copied the GM (Andrew Mosely) in correspondence re the very poor booking service and guess what - no reply. Says it all really!!

Room Tip: Dont select any - go elsewhere as all their efforts are to try to get you to upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bertie
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Bertie

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. A brief note to say that I have emailed you through the TA message service as I am concerned you may not have my correct email address (as you have mis-spelt my name in your review?).

Needless to say this does not detract from the fact that I am very sorry that you left so disappointed and I am very sorry that you had cause to complain. I therefore hope to correspond with you off line if you could email me again

regards

Andrew

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked The Grand Hotel Brighton to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a wonderful time we had. The booking was simple and we are so pleased we upgraded to a seafront Deluxe Room. Upon arrival we were greeted by Colin who ushered us in taking care of the luggage and car with the minimum of fuss. At reception we were greeted with efficiency and speed and although arriving 3 hours before we were due the room was ready and luggage arrived with the minimum of fuss. The room itself was just magnificent. Spotlessly clean and with lots of goodies. A huge bed which was really comfortable with spotless white linen. The bar was a lovely area to chill out before dinner (see separate review for GB1 Restaurant), again the staff looked after us really well. I understand that during our stay the hotel changed hands and is no longer part of the De vere group. I do hope the new owners do not change this hotel in any way it is perfect just the way it is. Thanks to all the staff that made our anniversary so special. We hope to return as soon as we can.
Jan & Ray Young xx

Room Tip: Try to get room 220 it is right at the front in the middle of the hotel, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanRayYoung

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay. It is our pleasure to provide the perfect setting for celebrations such as wedding anniversaries, and I am pleased you were able to experience one of our luxury room upgrades.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend here and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The concierge were very attentive and were always on hand without being prompted for bags and doors etc. The room was a little on the small side but it was well furnished and spotlessly clean throughout. The bar area is very nice and was always busy and buzzing throughout the day and evening. Live music in the form of a pianist was played at various times and made for a very sophisticated feel to the bar. A definite must in the evening if you want to escape the craziness of some parts of the town and very relaxing.

Breakfast was included with our room and it certainly surpassed my expectations. There was so much choice and everything was of the highest quality and replenished frequently. Considering the size of the hotel and number of guests it is highly commendable for the staff to keep up with everyones needs but they did so brilliantly.

We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

It is great news that you had a lovely weekend with us at the Grand. I will pass on your kind words to our concierge. I’m also very pleased to see that our new and improved breakfast service is being enjoyed by our guests. We updated this due to some adverse feedback on Trip Advisor a few months ago – proof that we do act on what our guest are telling us I promise!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner and I spent a great long weekend at the De Vere Grand Brighton.

The Hotel is definitely Grand, very comfortable. good food, and very good staff who are attentive as is possible without being intrusive.

We had breakfast included and I have never seen such a huge selection available, again the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. The kitchen and restaurant teams will be delighted to hear your kind comments.