I actually think the front of The Grand doesn't do justice to the Grandness of this wonderful establishment. I've seen comments saying that it is 'old & tired'. It is old, it was built in 1876, that's part of it's charm, but tired, never. It is exactly what you'd expect from a large Victorian 'mansion'. A large reception area with a large staircase either side leading up to the first floor. We received a warm welcome and Laura on reception was friendly and efficient. The standard bedrooms are a reasonable size; the bed itself was a large king size. The main bar lounge has plenty of luxury seating area, although it was full when we went for a drink. I might add that the service at the bar was excellent. Breakfast on the Sunday morning was fit for a King, again the service was top class. Even the 'footman' on the way out were helpful and cheerful. All Management & staff were a credit to the establishment and none of them 'hung around' for a tip... it 's all part of the service. It is at the top end of the price market (London prices), but you will not be disappointed. Once I've saved the pennies, I'll definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel