My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a short break over 2 nights. We had booked a standard inland room, but were offered a sea view for an extra £23 per night. As the weather had suddenly taken a turn for for the better, we decided to take advantage of the sparkling sea view! The check in was busy, but the girls there were very efficient and friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and bright. It looked to me as if it had bern recently refurbished. However, I would have expected to have bathrobes and slippers supplied - neither of which were.apparently the robes were supposed to be in the wardrobe but presumably Housekeeping had not checked this. Slippers are 'available' on request from reception. Very strange! Why are they just not left in the room? The bathroom was large and clean but there was a complete lack of shelves or any other storage facilities. Where is one expected to put toiletries? In the shower there was absolutely nowhere to place the shower gl, except on the floor! The bedroom itself had a separate wardrobe/dressing area, which was lovely, but the main area lacked any drawers whatsoever, so everything had to be left on show, which made the room rather untidy. The bar area was extremely busy and we only managed to find a seat on one evening. However, it was lively and again the staff were excellent. Our room was very quiet, being at the end of a corridor, but I must say The Grand is one of the quietest hotels I have ever slept in! Breakfast was a buffet style, which is not to my liking, but the food was of a good standard and plentiful. Pleasant staff served tea and coffee. After checking out, we left our cases with the concierge whilst we had a few hours around Brighton. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel