“Very Good, but it will cost”
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is very good. The interior is a brilliant mix of old a new, the designer has done a fantastic job. The room was big and close to our favorite room we have stayed in. Clean, tidy and very polite staff. There was a couple of things that i was not too keen on though. No info in the room at all, no instructions on the in-room safe, we had to call a member of staff up to open it for us as, he explained how to do it which was totally different than any other safe we have used, that is fine but would of liked to of known before it locked. No mini bar, we don't always use but it's nice to have the option. We didn't eat in the town as we had decided to eat at the hotel on our return, we looked at the website which told us that it was open til 10pm. We turned up at 9.30pm and was told they stop serving food at 9.30pm and we were too late. I think if it says its open to 10pm then it should serve food til that time.
Breakfast was very good, big selection and very good quality.
Apart from the little niggles I had this is a very good hotel and if you don't mind paying for it I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I will pick up on the point you make about the safe and ensure that instructions are available and easy to follow. In terms of mini bars we accept we don't have these but our full range of drinks is available via room service at any time. Finally I will check that the opening times advertised are being followed.

Overall I am pleased you had a good stay. We know that we are a bit more expensive than our competitors but (inevitably!) feel the surroundings, facilities and service we offer match the prices we charge and we continue to try to improve what we do thus offering even better value for money

Kind regards

Andrew Mosley

Write a ReviewReviews (8,092)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed at the Grand Hotel many times over the last 15 years or more and have always enjoyed it. On our recent stay we had a lovely break, a beautiful room, all the members of staff were very helpful and friendly and we can't wait to return hopefully later in the year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very pleased you had a good stay at The Grand. I will pass on your compliments to the staff who work very hard to try and ensure our guests have a great stay and of whom I am very proud.

We will see you later in the year!!

Best wishes

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea to celebrate a friends special birthday.Great service good food with extra special touches for the birthday girl.A really enjoyable & relaxed afternoon with friends.Will definately be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your visit to The Grand for afternoon tea

I am so pleased you had a good experience and I will pass on your kind words to the team

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you back again soon

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our second visit to The Grand and we were really happy to be back. I must say a big thank you to Alice our Guest Relations contact who was absolutely wonderful and made our visit very special and made a point of greeting us personally, now that's what I call service! We had a beautiful sea view room and was up-graded to a deluxe room which was superb. As it was my birthday there was a card and strawberries and Alice had arranged for a bottle of wine for us too. We were in Brighton for The Seekers concert which was next door at The Brighton Centre and was the icing on the cake for us. We had breakfast in our room the next morning as we just wanted to enjoy the view and relax, unfortunately the weather had taken a turn for the worse so we just chilled before leaving for the station. We will certainly be back, thank you again Alice and all the wonderful people who make this hotel so special.

Room Tip: Always go for a sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your complimentary review.

I am very pleased you had a great stay and that Alice looked after you so well ... I will mention your review to her as I am sure she will be thrilled with her special mention!

I have to admit I was unaware the Seekers were still about!! But will accept I do remember them being in the charts!! I hope you enjoyed the concert!

best regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We came here last weekend to attend a wedding. This was a small intimate wedding for 12 people.

The service was great a friendly service on arrival. They had reserved a small area in the bar which we weren't expecting for the champagne reception which was great!

The wedding was in the Eugenie room which has a big balcony overlooking the sea and really nicely decorated with its own loo which is handy!

Service was fantastic and food was great. Was quite jealous of the kids menu who had fish and chips and the biggest chocolate muffins I have ever seen! The adult portions weren't huge but were sufficient.

I live in Brighton and have been and stayed in the grand many times and would always recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Once again many congratulations to you both on your recent marriage and I am delighted you chose to hold your celebration at The Grand

We are very pleased to be able to cater for groups of all sizes at The Grand .... from banquets for 500 to small intimate family occasions like yours in one of our lovely smaller suites. Many of our private function rooms have sea views and it helps to set the occasion off perfectly.

In summary I am delighted you had a good day and I will pass on your compliments to all concerned.

We look forward to you both visiting The Grand on lots of occasions in the future

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Came here with my Mum for her works weekend, Very noisy room at back of hotel, due to what sound like air conditioning vents, they told me the air conditioning wasn't working - however I bet it would if I had parked a purple Bentley at the front!!
Presume other rooms are better than the one we have.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MsPetit

Thank you for your post following your recent stay at The Grand

I apologise for the fact that you didn’t feel your room was as good as you were expecting It is fair to say that rooms vary, primarily between those overlooking the sea front and those at the back of the hotel. These differences are obviously reflected in price though ... but this does not excuse the fact that you left feeling disappointed and I am sorry

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staff amazing, Afternoon teas superb. Hotel great, Restaurant food excellent - local seafood Had a curried monkfish - awesome. We had room 318 - lovely room with a small balcony and great sea views. Great bathroom - double shower plus dressing area. Double bath provided, although this was in the bedroom in front of the bay window. We were a little too old to show off our bodies to the world.

Room Tip: we had a seaview room - great
1  Thank julieandgrahamrog

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor

I am really pleased you had such a great stay and thank you for all the positive mentions!

On a couple of particular notes.... I agree the curried monkfish is a real favourite and have often chosen this myself when eating in the restaurant. I particularly like the quirky presentation that our Chef came up with when he engineered the dish ... and we get lots of very good comments about it

318, one of our feature deluxe rooms, features the wooden bath for 2 in the bedroom. Its a shame you opted out of using it.... I'm pretty confident you wouldn't have been spotted sitting there and would urge future guests to give it try and enjoy the view out of the double doors on to Brighton seafront whilst enjoying a soak!

Thank you again fro posting your comments and we hope to see you back at The Grand soon