“Disappointed”

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Room window did not open, it was a hot night and the only solution was ' there's a fan in your room - lounge service very slow ( 20 mins to get our drinks) - although a side room was set up for the England/Italy football match, the TV could not be programmed to get the correct channel. Considering it was The Grand not very impressed ! - lovely Irish lady I looked after us for breakfast though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay

It goes without saying that I am very frustrated by the problems you highlighted as they could have been easily avoided but thank you for bringing them to my attention

On a more positive note, Sandra has had a few nice mentions recently and I'm very pleased to she looked after you at breakfast

Thank you again for your valuable feedback

Andrew Mosley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
  • Arabic first
Bromsgrove, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After a long journey we were met by fantastic staff courteous obliging to our every need.

We were staying at the Grand for the Rod Stewart concert. A short 10 minute walk to the train station and a further 10 minutes on the train and hey presto we were at The Amex stadium for a truly amazing concert.

Back at the hotel, we were staying in a Deluxe room on 5th floor with balcony overlooking the sea. The room and ambience was so good we decided to order room service and watch England lose to Italy :( in this beautiful room.

The Manager Andi Hirons could not have been nicer - Thank you Andi for making our stay extra special :)))) we will be back!

Room Tip: Our room on 5th floor truly amazing !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay to watch Rod Stewart in concert at The Amex - I'm also pleased he didn't let you down!

I will pass on your thanks to my fantastic deputy general manager, Andi, who does an amazing job. She obviously reads all our reviews as well so I know she'll be very flattered by your compliments

kind regards

BRIGHTON
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Grand Hotel is thought at the same time as you think of Brighton. It is imposing, stood proud facing the sea. A survivor of a building having been bombed back in 1984, it maintains a great character. I have been going to The Grand for 16 years and have only once felt let down or disgruntled. We have taken tea here many times, the choice of sandwiches and cakes was so fulfilling and then we've called in for a cocktail or two, arrived for dinner and perhaps our best visit to date was the reception we held after our Civil Partnership Ceremony. Excellent staff service, all done with elegance expected of a highly rated hotel. I am lucky that I live here and I can literally call in for a chilled glass of Champagne or meet with friends. It offers so much to so many. I don't have a need to stay in the bedrooms although a night in the Presidential Suite would be nice but then so would so many other things. If you have the time on your next visit to Brighton, call in, experience their new fish restaurant, relax in comfort in the lounge looking out to the sea but what ever you do I can guarantee you one thing, it will be Grand.

Room Tip: Push the boat out, go for sea facing, push it even further and go for a suite. If all else fails wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your extensive and very complimentary review.

What can I say? I think you've just about reviewed every aspect of the Grand in one post and I hope future guests will be persuaded by your recommendations to come and have the full experience that The Grand can offer.

In terms of the Presidential Suite (a 5 room suite across the front of the Hotel) .... maybe one day?!

Best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have spent birthdays, Christmas, valentines day and just little short breaks at the Grand. Each stay has been wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, beds and facilities amazing. Tamara on reception is a lovely and professional person, she is so welcoming it's like visiting friends. I was really impressed with our waitress in GB1 she remembered a non alcoholic cocktail I had last visit!!
The new layout for breakfast was much better and the food is a very high standard. We had room service meals too, which were delivered by a delightful waiter and food quality very good. I cannot recommend this hotel enough I've told friends who have gone there on my recommendation,something I don't normally do, but they too have the same very high opinion of it.
Thank you to all the staff for making out stays a wonderful experience, and we are now planning a weeks break at The Grand in the summer to chill and relax from our own very busy business in Stratford upon Avon. To The Grand - we salute you!! Cheers

Room Tip: Spend that little extra, and book a sea view deluxe room. Avoid overnight parking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic feedback which I will copy and send out to all the staff.

I am so pleased to hear that the team got it right for you (and from a managerial point of view its very rewarding to hear first hand that our training and encouragement seems to be paying off!)

We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for passing on your recommendations of The Grand to your friends and all our Trip Advisor reviewers

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Was my first time in a 4 star hotel and it exceeded expectations. Stayed in a Double room without a sea view but the comfort and size of the bed made up for the lack of view! Checked in late afternoon, enjoyed a few cocktails in the front lounge before setting off to soak up the rest of Brighton nightlife. Breakfast was also top draw with a selection of hot, cold and continental. Felt like a celebrity when they took my keys to park my car! No parking problems, very friendly staff - well worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Teresa

I am so glad you had a good time at The Grand and in Brighton overall - there's no doubt it's a great place to have fun and I'm glad we added the celebrity feel!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had the ultimate pleasure of staying at the Grand in Brighton, this weekend. Lovely room, very comfortable room with excellent quality bed especially after completing the London - Brighton bike race.!
The bar staff young lads, very knowledgeable about Brighton, even brought over a map and gave directions. They served a lovely Martini, just right. Sandra one of the managers at breakfast was warm and really helpful, absolutely, nothing was too much trouble, with no fuss or snooty attitude, she as a breath of Gaelic air lovely....
Cant wait to come back in August for my birthday, and dine in.
Thank you all again, such friendly staff. Some people want to retire abroad, or by the sea i want to retire to The Grand.
Thanks so much for your welcome...
Jackie Borkett

Room Tip: Delightful decadence, with a warmth and friendliest that is hard to find.
Dear Jackie

Thank you very much for all your compliments and congratulations on completing the London - Brighton bike challenge!

No doubt you were well deserved of a Martini in our cocktail lounge and I'm glad it hit the spot!

I will pass on your thanks to Sandra - our lovely Irish host - she gets great feedback and is a real asset to our team as our so many of our fantastic team - many of whom continue to receive compliments like yours through Trip Advisor

See you in August!

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay here was a surprise birthday present for my partner. Spacious room and massive bed (we often struggle in smaller beds) which meant a great sleep. We also spent time sitting in the pair of armchairs and gazing over the sea. I honestly cant see the point of staying here unless you opt for the sea view. Fabulous lobby with a pianist playing during afternoon tea. I thought that hotel lobby pianists only existed in 50s films (!) Breakfast was stunning and we were lucky to be seated in the conservatory area again with a sea view. A real classy place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad you had a great time and everything was perfect for you from the pianist playing on arrival to the breakfast before departure.

The sea view rooms are a great place to while away a few hours watching the world go by and "dreaming"