Stayed at The Grand for two nights with old school friends.
The main public areas of the hotel are very well presented and comfortable.
Unfortunately we had 3 twin rooms which all had lovely views onto an orange brick wall!
The rooms whilst being clean and comfortable needed some work to update them - one had mildew on the bathroom ceiling.
At £198.00. per room per night it's not cheap and I think at this class of hotel you expect a few more "frills" in the rooms than you get.
The hotel staff were all wonderful and couldn't do enough to help and make our stay good.
The reception girls were very very helpful.
The cocktail bar was again great with extremely pleasant staff and afternoon tea a delight and we thought good value for money.
Of course the hotel location was exceptional as it's on the sea front and two minutes from the shops.
Breakfast was very good except for me being a veggie!
I think they need maybe a bit more choice on that one.
Overall a very good hotel but a little on the expensive side for rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel