This is a place you choose when you want to be at this level of accommodation. It is a throw-back to a time when the hotel was meant to be style and comfort and grandeur.
From the carpets to the decor to the grand bar with its amazing woodwork, you are taking a step back in time to a place where sophistication wasn't something said with a wry smile.
Hotels of this type fall into two categories: your grandmother's house or a palace. This is a palace.
And the location! Between the two piers and with the sea just at the door, you could not ask for more.
The staff was wonderful for the moment we arrived and set the tone for the wonderful people we would encounter throughout our visit to Brighton.
Food was good if not terribly innovative but the dining room (for breakfast) was light and loud enough to convey energy but not so loud as to making speaking remotely hard.
The bar was wonderful. We had a glass of wine after a late dinner and there were just a few of us there but the staff was still in peak form. Attentive and helpful with a perfect balance of being friendly without being intrusive. And a gorgeous setting for a nightcap that looks as if it has endured with style.
The rooms was very nice. Well appointed and very, very clean.
All-in-all, across all of my travels around the world, the Grand has set the standard for what I want an experience to feel like and it has never been equaled. Yes, some hotels have outdone it on individual categories but, in sum, none has reached its lofty heights.
Take a step back in time to an age when hotels were more just a bed,a wifi connection and some celebrity chef's newest offering and put yourself in their able hands. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel