I stayed in the Grand on Friday 11th July as a treat for my friend's birthday. We had a Classic twin room which was spacious and clean, room 502. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home! Lovely bathroom with great shower and I couldn't fault the room except the hairdryer was missing but we did not need one anyway. The bathrobes, slippers, chocolates and ESPA toiletries were lovely touches.
The service from our arrival to departure was fantastic, being helped with our cases every step, and staff attentive to our every need. As you would expect at a hotel of this standard, all staff were professional and looked smart, and always helpful.
The choice of breakfast was amazing and a relaxing experience, you didn't feel rushed at all as with some hotels.
We visited the spa which was expensive at £35 per person to use the facilities so we booked an express treatment each. I was due to have a back massage and my friend a neck and scalp massage which I requested but there was a little confusion and we both got back massages. The massage was the best I have had! The spa was lovely, but on commenting that the sauna was too hot, and I heard other users comment on this too, we were told that nothing could be done about it, so we did not use it. To reflect the price of the spa, as many hotels offer use of spa facilities with the room rate, it would be ideal if a jacuzzi could be added, maybe into the spacious area replacing sofas where the sauna and steam rooms are located? This would complete the experience.
We loved our mini break, unfortunately we could only stay for 1 night, but hope to return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel