We stayed here for three nights. We had to book via a third party as when we tried to book direct with the hotel they were only able to offer us two nights. Rather odd I thought!
The staff were welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.
Anyway, our double room was on the third floor and from our window we could just see the sea when sitting by the window. The room was of a good size and freshly decorated with a clean, modern feel. The en suite was clean and fresh too.
No air con but a fan was in the cupboard.
Breakfast was on all mornings rather disappointing.
The first morning we went down for 9.30am (breakfast is served until 10am but they don't turn you away even at 10.30) there were hardly any pastries left and plates, bowls were missing so you had to find a member of staff to fetch these from the kitchen. Then you found that perhaps there was bacon but no mushrooms or sausages, so whilst you stood and waited for that item to be brought out the bacon would have all gone and so again you would have to wait. Once back at your table I found the breakfast cold!!!! I did speak to the restaurant manager who reassured me this would be looked at, he apologised and did actually come back to us auto say the burners had gone out but this would be rectified for tomorrow. Sadly the 2nd morning was exactly the same, no pastries left, cooked buffet breakfast was cold and disappointing.
So on morning number 3 we decided to get up early to see if that made any difference! We arrived at 8am and yes there were plenty of pastries to chose from but sadly although there were plates and bowls and food in every dish it still wasn't that hot. Warm yes but certainly not hot!!!
With the lack of pastries, if you state breakfast is from say 7.30-10am then there should be enough for everyone whatever time you show up, but with the issue of the cooked breakfast, the temperatures need to be looked at better.
The bar/lounge is comfortable and again the staff are very helpful.
The location is superb and Brighton itself is a fantastic mix of people so love it!
We would stay here again but maybe miss the breakfast unless they can offer a freshly cooked breakfast instead of the buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel