We booked a 2 night stay, at a cost of £380 which we thought was quite expensive but thought it would be a well appointed room. We were wrong. We were on the 4th floor and the corridor outside our room had terribly squeaky floorboards so we could hear every single person who walked past.
The sink in the bathroom had an enormous crack right across it, not what you expect from this standard of hotel.
The window in the bedroom was frosted so you couldn't even look out, again for the price of the room this was just not good enough. Also it being warm weather we had the window open but the constant drone from the air conditioning unit outside (I presume) was very noisy.
However the room was otherwise clean and the bed comfortable.
We did mention all the above to the staff and they did offer us a discount on our bill for which we were grateful. However the fact remains that the next person will be paying quite a high price for the same sub standard room.
The staff were helpful and the breakfasts were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel