My partner and I were getting married on the Bandstand and chose The Grand to stay at as our treat to ourselves. We had organised to have treatments in The Spa the day before the wedding as well as the morning of. We had one of the suites with a balcony on the 5th floor overlooking the sea- a beautifully spacious decorated room.
The evening before we had dinner in the hotel where Gareth was particularly helpful and knowledgeable. The cocktails and seafood were beautiful- would highly recommend eating there if you can. The breakfasts were also beautiful with a huge range of choices. Wed had room service breakfast for one morning and that was lovely also.
The rest of the staff were fantastically supportive and helpful: Steph in the Spa made sure that our wedding preparations were completed to the highest standard along with Samantha and Amanda: Steph also offered to do our hair on the wedding morning too, thus ensuring we felt truly looked after. Matt on the concierge desk was always helpful and supportive, as was Carlos with the room service: always with a smile as he greeted us with a 'hello darlings'.
It was expensive- I won't deny it- but for a special occasion like our wedding I have no quibble with it. Throughout our three night stay we were treated with the utmost courtesy and respect. We have always wanted to stay there and we weren't disappointed. The recent refurbishment has been completed in keeping with the original feel of the hotel, which is stunning, and throughout it was immaculately clean. If you want to treat yourself, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Brighton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel