The De Vere Grand at Brighton in located brilliantly on the beach front at Brighton, very close to The Lanes. That is about where the positives end. Going there for my partner's birthday, we thought we'd treat ourselves to a great hotel, however the facilities and service really left a lot to be desired for. Amongst other things, our room wasn't ready at the 3pm check in time (although we had arrived earlier and left our luggage so they knew we would be back at 3pm), there was no WiFi in-room as sold on the website, there was no minibar to speak of, they only left one set of towels in the bathroom, the tv was old and the remote did not work, at breakfast we had to ask for tea and coffee (they brought the coffee and did not bring the tea) and this might start sounding petty but at breakfast they were offering a breakfast smoothie, When the jug was empty I asked if they were making some more and was rather rudely told no there was no more smoothie today... however minutes later I see new full jugs of smoothie! Like i said, sounds petty but it is the principal of the matter. The service at this hotel really was very disappointing, especially for the costly nightly rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel