Stayed for five days in the Josephine Suite on the top floor of the hotel. Very quiet room with excellent amenities and huge living area. The chambermaids do an excellent job of maintaining the room and refreshed all the relevant areas. Everyday, we had fresh water, biscuits etc. The hotel itself, although old and starting to look a little tired (but nowhere near ready for a refurb), is lovely. The grand staircase is a wonder. The staff and service levels are superb and the breakfast is one of the best we've had for a long time - there's just about everything available. The only disappointment was the evening dinner. Food was okay, nothing exciting, but the menu presentation was uninspired and it just didn't feel very luxurious. Everything was an optional extra – chocolates with coffee, hot bread on arrival, even a vegetable with your main course (seriously, no green at all on the main course plate). Still, plenty of great restaurants a short walk away (lovely Greek one called Stakis – turn right out of the hotel, past the Hilton and there it is, down some steps). Jamie Oliver’s Italian is also less than 200 metres away. Please note, if you haven’t been to Brighton before, it only has a pebble beach – not a grain of sand in sight. That said, there’s a free kids play area around 200 metres away from the hotel which has a shallow pool and huge sandpit, slides, climbing frames etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel