“Good Hotel -Great choice of food!”

Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton
Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Great hotel in an excellent location- the room was okay, nice enough- Although I was really pleasantly surprised with the food! The breakfast had a lot of choice and the evening meal in particular was excellent. There was a lot of choice-salmon, chicken and beef! I'd definately come and stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antelope459
NickWright715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at The Royal Albion Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our restaurant.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for another pleasant future stay.

Kind Regards

Operations Manager (HCIMA

Reviewed 18 May 2011

The room was not cleaned properly when we got there. There were dirty socks from the previous customer lying on the floor, lipstick on the coffee cups, dirt on the carpet, filthy windows .....
They have changed the room with a no sea view one however we couldn't sleep till 1 am due to the loud music from the party downstairs. What a vacation. We booked it for 2 nights but left in the morning without staying the second night. There is a note at the enterance stating that 'as they are understaffed they are experiencing some problems with the service ' ????? Like it is my problem but they are taking the full payment.
This hotel is the worst.

Room Tip: I do not think such a tip exists
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Togy72
NickWright715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at The Royal Albion Hotel.

I apologise that on this occasion the hotel did not meet your expectations. We do take customer feed back seriously good or bad and use it in both developing staff customer service and our facilities.

We do try to deal with any housekeeping issues as soon as they are reported, and I can only apologise for the fact that your bedroom was not to our normal standards in preparation for your stay.

With regards to the noise, unfortunately we cannot control the level of noise which guests cause in their room; this is down to each guest respecting one another.

Also I am sorry for the lack of service you have received during your stay, and we do appreciate all the useful comments.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This hotel needs a visit form the Hotel Inspector urgently. This is not a three star hotel, at best its a two. The Staff lack direction and motivation. The entire building is in need of a refurb. The room we stayed in was a disgrace, house keeping clearly have no idear what is required to clean and present a room. The bathroom needed a really good clean, the bath was badly stained with a constant running tap... The bedroom furnuitre was so past its best that even a charity store wouldnt take it, the bed was so hard it had no given in the mattress, we would have slept on the floor except that was filthy. The provided facilitys where a abuise of the word facility, the hairdryer was a travel one that the lead was so short you couldnt see what you where doing if looking in the mirror. The television didnt work , the trouser press was stuffed in the wardrobe. The window was so filthy you could see out of it unless you opened it.. The worse part was this has got to be the noisest hotel ever....

On a positive note, the bedding in the room was spotless clean as where the towles. The food was very good, very limited however if you are a veggie.

This was a Super Break deal, and I would not recommend the hotel.. and to be frank am not sure I would book another Super Break if this is the standard of hotel they use.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladybugme

Dear Madam,

We are currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme with work being done on the outside and inside of the building. Unfortunately, there is still much work to be done on many rooms.

We do try to deal with any housekeeping and maintenance issues as soon as they are reported, and I can only apologise for the fact that your bedroom was not to our normal standards in preparation for your stay.

With regards to the noise, please understand the hotel is based on the centre of Brighton, which near the busiest road. And that was something we cannot control.

Also I am sorry to hear that the staff was not very helpful during your stay, and please be assured all the comments will be passed onto the head of the department.

I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the food and I do hope you will return to the hotel for a pleasant future stay, as experienced by the majority of our guests.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

this is my second attempt to review this hotel, 1st one was pending and nothing after. well we had a wonderful time at the albion, food was lovely, full english, cerealls, jam ,marmalade toast yogurts etc. evening meal just as good, choise of meat, veg, casserole desserts etc, all very tasty and hot!!
the rooms was very clean, bed very comfortable, very spacious and a wonderful spa bath!!
all the staff in the hotel was extremley courtious and helpful. i would most certainly use this hotel again!!!
if i listened to my insticts and after reading all the bad reviews i would not have stayed there, thank goodness i didnt and had a wonderful break,.

Stayed: March 2011
NickWright715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Dear Madam,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the room, especially the food as mentioned. I am also pleased to know that all of our staff has provided an excellent customer service.

We would love to welcome you back for an equally enjoyable visit in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 May 2011

This hotel was not bad for a deal in the location we wanted to be in. It is located directly across the street from the Brighton pier and we paid $39 pounds / night / room.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room and it was kind of a good thing we weren't planning to; since, the drains were smelly and the beds have springs you could feel.

All in all it was ok.

Room Tip: A view of the beach was a nice to have
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
NickWright715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Royal Albion Hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location as mentioned. We do have the advantage of being the central of Brighton, right opposite to the Pier and very near the famous Lanes.

Unfortunately, certain aspects of the hotel did not meet your expectations this time. We do try to deal with any housekeeping or maintenance issues as soon as they are reported.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your constructive comments and we would love to welcome you back for a more enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I have been travelling to Brighton for business several times over the last few months and usually stay in the Imperial Hotel in Hove (Brilliant hotel by the way) but thought I would give the Royal Albion a try and have a look around Brighton. Big big mistake. Booked a superior room - superior must mean holes in carpet, cup marks on the furniture, filthy kettle, lamp shade falling apart, dust you could write your name in, couldn't handle the information leaflet as my hands stuck to it. There were empty bottles and glasses from the previous in mates left outside the room door and I will spare you the details of the bathroom!!! Hate to think what a standard room was like. Now - meals Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I have to make several more visits to Hove and Brighton over the next few weeks needless to say I won't be staying at the Royal Albion.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the Imperial, Hove
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Grossart
NickWright715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Dear Madam,

We do try to deal with any housekeeping or maintenance issues as soon as they are reported, and I can only apologise for the fact that your bedroom was not to our normal standards in preparation for your stay. I can assure all your comments have been taken on board and further training will be applied to the housekeeping department.

I am sorry that you felt dissatisfied with the restaurant; we feel it is a sufficient space with a nice view overlooking the sea. We offer a good selection of food, a three course dinner as a buffet with two meats, one fish and one vegetarian choice daily.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your comments. We do hope to welcome you back to the Royal Albion for a pleasant future stay, as experienced by the majority of our guests.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

A room with nailed shut windows. No hot water. Unhelpful staff - No discount offered for lack of services. Attempted to charge for second night despite being told (within hours of arrival) that we were checking out as soon as possible (it was a 2 night stay). The place is truly horrible, badly run inefficient and the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank keithbourton53

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Royal Albion Hotel.

I apologise that on this occasion the hotel did not meet your expectations. We do take customer feed back seriously good or bad and use it both developing staff customer service and our facilities. I am sorry you felt that you received a lack of customer service on your stay. Some of our staff are undergoing training and may be appeared a little unhelpful than others; however we are confident they will all be of the same standard as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we did suffer a problem with hot water occasionally. This was due to a breakdown in the main boiler, and was something which was out of our control; however we rectified this as soon as we could.

Once again, I would like to thank you for all your comments and I can assure that they have been taken on board. We do hope that you would return to the hotel for a pleasant future stay, as experienced by the majority of our guests.