Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$208
US$198
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$226
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$171
Agoda.com
US$192
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,190 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend and i have to say, i did not enjoy it whatsoever!! I chose to stay here because its not the first time i have stayed at this hotel but it really is a case of pot luck! When its good, it is amazing but when it is bad, it is appalling. I was just unlucky on this occasion.
Location: this hotel is in an excellent location, right at the heart of brighton a stones throw away from the beach
Price: we paid £59 for a double and breakfast. I think for the time of year, the price was great but the breakfast was a total joke! There is much more selection for the meat eaters then the vegetarians. My breakfast was just beans, scrambled eggs and toast. When i asked if there were any mushrooms the staff on duty, just shrugged her shoulders and said there is nothing she can do...absolutely no attempt to reassure the customer. Her attitude stank! So if you stay here, just pay for the room only, you are not missing out, honestly!
Parking: there is no parking available, which is so disappointing as the charges in the controlled areas (outside the hotel) are extortionate! (£6 for 2hours!!) There are other much better hotels nearby that provide parking and eliminate the inconvenience, hassle and worry of trying to find somewhere safe to park the car.
Room & Comfort: the bed was very uncomfortable and we did not sleep all night. The bathroom window did not have a curtain and even though we are on the 4th floor and the chances of being seen were minute it is still off putting having a shower with the lights on and no privacy. Check out is at 10am which i think is ridiculous as all other hotels i have stayed at in brighton have an 11am check out time. You have to pay an additional £10 per hour which i most certainly was not prepared to do.
Overall: if you stay here, you are really only paying for the location, which is just brilliant. If you are not driving and are only looking for place to rest your head then this is for you, provided you get lucky. Its shocking that this place has so many bad reviews yet nothing is being done to address the issues and change this!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Immy I
RoyalAlbion715, General Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

I take your comments about our staff very seriously and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the levels of customer service.

You have mentioned the rooms are filthy, damp and dirty. There may have been an issue with your particular room but I am sure that the majority of our rooms are not any of these things. I am sorry that you experienced this and that we were not able to accommodate you in a room of a better standard. We do try to deal with any housekeeping or maintenance issues as soon as they are reported.

I can only apologise that the food was not of a satisfactory standard. We serve the food in our largest room in the hotel and offer people a choice of a Full English Breakfast and continental, or for lunch and dinner a choice of starters, mains and desserts. The majority of our customers are very happy with this choice.

Being in the city centre, parking is limited. We do not advertise a hotel car park and this is clearly stated in the booking confirmation you have attached, under hotel policies. It is unfortunate that you only became aware of the high price of parking in Brighton on arrival.

We would be happy to welcome you back for a future stay at The Royal Albion Hotel and hope that you would have a pleasant stay experienced by the majority of our guests.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel late at night to find no car park so have to pay 15 pounds per 12 hours we were staying a costly outlay to our holiday, we went in to find we we're on the 4th floor midning we had a pushchair but by the sound of we had the best room of the hotel the room itself wasn't that bad for the money we paid it the rest of the hotel with damp everywhere and water falling from the ceilings and mould everywhere the breakfast was horrible I refused to pay next time I will look for a different hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on The Royal Albion Hotel.

I am very sorry that certain aspects of the hotel did not meet with your expectations.

We are undergoing a major refurbishment programme with work being done on the outside and inside of the building, unfortunately some of the bedrooms are yet to be completed.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is rank, should be closed down. stains on the walls, clogged up air-con unit in our room, pumping dust around while you sleep. Blood and crap on carpets and walls. woke up with bite marks.... honestly. Breakfast was a joke which we didn't eat, watch them bring out freshly cooked food and put it on top of food that had been sitting there a while as it was cold when I checked to see if it was edible. Holes in walls in stairwells, honestly iv'e see hostels in better condition then this place. Would I come back again = NEVER I'd rather sleep on the beach in the rain then this dive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Londonmillwall
RoyalAlbion715, Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

I can only apologise that the food was not of a satisfactory standard. We serve the food in our largest room in the hotel and offer people a choice of a Full English Breakfast, or for lunch and dinner a choice of starters, mains and desserts. The majority of our customers are very happy with this choice.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Dont book into the Royal Albion hotel, in Brighton, Horrific customer service, and completely unreasonable employee members/managers.
Booked and confirmed a room, and date, their phone line decides to cut out, when i ring back, i get told all rooms are no longer available for my chosen weekend, even though i'd already paid?
Unbelievable.
No weekend anniversary trip away for us then.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Megan-Rose l

Dear Sir/Madam,

Would you like to send me a private message and I can investigate your case. I will be grateful to help you with your concern.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

OK, so we all know Brightons great and it can be expensive to stay there at weekends and holiday times, and we're still happy to pay a little extra to be there. Until, that is, you book in to the Royal Albion. Royal indeed? This place is a disgrace and should be razed to the ground. Plaster missing from the walls, damp patches everywhere, one dodgy old lift serving over 500 rooms and an average guest age of 70+. My first visit to the breakfast room was my last.....disgusting looking mass produced bacon and sausages, scrambled egg (I think) looked like curdled custard (if such a thing exists), a huge platter of soggy thin toast, and queues of elderly guests shuffling down the line.
If this hotel has any redeeming feature it is its location but the homeless outside appear, on this occasion, to have got it right....make the same decision they did and stay out of the Albion........it's a glorified old people's home, and its not even glorified......even Mr Fawlty and good old Manuel could do better, at least they only had a pig-e-on the roof, we came back to one walking around our room

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank ant_cun

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am very sorry to hear of your bad experience at the Royal Albion Hotel.

The Royal Albion Hotel is a grade two listed building and as such we are prohibited from altering certain aspects of the hotel, including layout and the addition of a secondary lift.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in future to enjoy what I hope can be a more pleasant stay.