“Not Great”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel does not live up with the Hliton brand of 5 stars. It is dated and run down. It needs redecorating as early as possible. We stayed in a suite and the furnitures were kind of not working property or looked tired. Food in the restaurant was average. If it's not a christmas present, I definitely would not book this hotel. The only good thing was the massage treatment was quite good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
GuyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay and I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room.

I can confirm the hotel will continue to refurbish more of its bedrooms in 2012

Once again, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Brighton Metropole

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Not the type of hotel I would normally book for myself. Got to stay at the Metropole thanks to the works Annual conference. I can guess at how much the room cost and it would be out of our normal budget for a short break, but you do get what you pay for.
I wasnt fortunate enough to get a sea view, but as it was a really dull couple of days I didnt really miss much.
Very spacious room, with a massive bed to myself, nice. Big screen TV, although the picture wasnt the best. Good size bathroom although it was in need of an upgrade I would say, and the hot water for the shower didnt seem to last very long. The complimentary gifts were an excellent touch and much appreciated
Conisdering the number of delegates present, the check-in process was second to none.
I personally would not stay at this hotel if I was to visit Brighton for a short break, but only because of the cost aspect, this is not a reflection on the efficient staff and the hotels amenities

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us, to attend your Annual Conference and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the hotels facilities and the service provided by the team here at Hilton Brighton Metropole.

I note your comments regarding price and I am sure if you look regularly at hilton.co.uk/brightonmet you will see prices that are affordable for your budget and also very competitive in the market place as well.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and once again thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Reviewed 29 January 2012

First night in the UK after arriving from the continent by rail. Had prebooked and was given a room over looking the ocean. Room was advertised as deluxe but left much to be desired. Bed was lumpy, carpet well worn, Toilet bearly flushed, had to use the garbage can to put enough water to give a good flush. Room was not clean,found paper wrappers on the floor.
Hotel did have a great breakfast. I would describe staff as surley except for the lady that served us high tea in the lounge.

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice but make sure you visit inspect the room before putting your money down. If it i...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agforguy

Thank you for your feedback following your most recent stay with us and I am disappointed to read that you found the room to be poorly cleaned and I will certainly review this with the housekeeping manager,as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness and presentation of all our bedrssoms. I am also sorry to read that you found the room tired, we are currently finishing a refurbishment project that will mean all our seafacing rooms will have been fully refurbished in the last two years, as well as a number of other rooms as well. I am also saddened to read that you felt the staff surely as this is certainly not the feedback we regularly receive nor the service we are striving to deliver.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at the Hilton last year. It was a last minute booking, made to stay with friends so we payed the full price (nearly £200 for a night). The room that we were provided was totally unacceptable with signs of damp and dilapidation in the room and filth encrusted scaffolding outside the windows. In the morning we were informed that the hotel was too busy and we should avoid coming to breakfast between 9 and 10. In the end we had to queue for breakfast. Breakfast itself was very average: tinned fruit and greasy fried food. I've stayed in economy hotels with a better spread. The worst thing of all was the customer service. The customer service manager begrudgingly accepted our complaint but refused to take a reduction off the room price. He did commit to send us vouchers, which we never received. I believe there are better rooms in the hotel but beware the older rooms.
The photos attached give you an idea of the state of the worst rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyR186338
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Me and my family had our Christmas dinner at the metropole, we had an wonderful time in the Windsor restaurant the food was outstanding and the staff were faultless especially the Irish named restaurant manager who was brilliant with my elderly mother he made her very comftable. We plan to have this years christmas dinner at the metropole again and plan to go for Sunday brunch and crean tea more often as we have heard it has the same faultless service! I would like to say a big thank you to the restaurant staff for truly giving us a very merry Christmas

• Stayed: December 2011
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your experiences whilst enjoying Christmas Day with us and I was delighted to read your compliments regarding all aspects of our Christmas Dinner experience. Brendan and his team will be delighted to read about how much you enjoyed not only the vast choice of food on offer but also the staff and service that they provided. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel enjoying either our Afternoon Tea offering or our Jazz Sunday Brunch.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at the Hilton Brighton Metropole and we were very impressed with the hotel! It is in a perfect location for a walk along the beach as well as to get into the town centre. The staff at check in were very helpful and phoned us when our room was ready as we were a little early. The room was huge and very well maintained...although a little warm and we couldn't see any way to change the temperature. All the public areas of the hotel are very impressive with marble, huge winding staircases and chandeliers! we also used the hotel pool which was really lovely for a relaxing hour in the afternoon. The service in the bar was a little slow but the cocktails were lovely! The breakfast was fantastic, I've never seen so much choice! I think we arrived down for breakfast at the right time though as there was a large queue of people waiting to be seated when we left. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Brighton and would definetly recommend this hotel to firends and family!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Asiafan31

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback followig your recent stay with us and I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I was pleased to read that our process for informing guests that there rooms are now ready worked well and you were contacted once your room had been prepared for you and sorry that it was warm on this occasion and that you could not find the controls for the air cooling unit in the room, I will certainly review our room signage. I was delighted to read that your enjoyed our famous Breakfast with its vast choice and can only apologise if you felt the service a little slow.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

The Hilton Brighton has everything EXCEPT a comfortable bed. We asked reception if they had other beds and were told no but they did remake the bed with another duvet underneath? Everything else was nice, big room, lovely view with a little balcony ... We upgraded for 30£ per night which was worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your most recent stay and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to learn that you felt the bed to be uncomfortable.

All of our mattresses have been replaced in the last 12 months to the Hilton Serta Mattress and they have also now been provided with a new mattress topper which should provide an excellent and relaxing nights sleep and I will certainly review this with my housekeeping manager.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.