“What a nice place”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After the terrible time at the Beach hotel. (see my review of that dump), this was a breath of fresh air. Clean, tide, friendly, courteous staff. We were alble to view 2 rooms before booking. Great TV, room big, airy, and the same price as the dump up the road. I would stay there again, and reccommend it to anyone. Nice place!

Room Tip: We got a King double. Lovely
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Brighton Metropole.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and that you found all our team to be very welcoming and friendly during your stay with us

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just got back from a well needed 2 day break at this hole and will be writing a letter of complaint. Our first room was filthy, boiling hot, ill equip and not just tired but totally exhausted!! I managed to get a move, however, this room was also very tired and below the cleanliness standards I would expect from a small B&B let alone a "Luxury Spa Hotel", it is so over priced its not even funny, I would have begrudge paying £80 for a room let alone the extortionate £170/room per night price tag that they have! They also have the audacity to charge an extra £14.99 for wifi in your room. The only good thing to say is the breakfast was good and the house keeping staff were very helpful. Don't bother with this even if someone else is footing the bill.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank elsalty

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay and I am sorry to read that you felt the room was tired. The hotel is in the process of refurbishing and redecorating a large number of rooms.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

4 of us prebooked afternoon tea as part of a day trip to Brighton.From the outset we felt ignored, an inconvenience and staff seemed puzzled almost as to why we were there despite showing a copy of the booking.We were kept waiting for ages and finally directed to the restaurant which turned out to be the wrong place. However determined not to be put off, tea duly arrived after much debating about what we actually wanted. The "new" teapots were a disaster, the 3 tier cake stands on their last legs and the food whilst ok was pretty average, at no time were we offered champagne as an extra.Sorry to be so negative but customer service really was a let down.I have had teas in smaller establishments that were far superior and less money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Noonga
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent trip to Brighton please accept my apologies for the unacceptable levels of service and attention that you experienced.

I have spoken to Brendan Shannon our Food & Beverage Manager who would also like to offer his apologies for the service you received and would be delighted to discuss this with you in more detail. If you could send us your contact details he would be more than happy to call you to resolve your dissatisfaction. Please email your details to Brendan.shannon@hilton.com

Once again, please accept my apologies for this totally unacceptable levels of service received during your afternoon tea.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had booked the Grand next door for 2 nights but got bumped to this hotel from there - next door for 1 night as they had a client who changed dates and took over the whole hotel, we were not happy and even unhappier after this one night stay. The room was very small, the bathroom even smaller, the shower cubicle was dirty and very narrow. We had to ask for a fan as the windows were locked and the air con was not working, the concierge informed us. We did not sleep. We were very dissapointed with the stay here considering it was a Hilton, and will not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with all aspects of your stay with us due to the age and style of our hotel our bedrooms do come in all different shapes and sizes, the hotel is in the process of refurbishing and redecorating a large number of rooms.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Yesterday went to an arranged Spa Day. The changing area, toilets and showers were filthy, no toilet tissue in dispenser. Robes that had previously been requested never turned up. When we arrived there at 10am we placed our orders for lunch so it would've been ready for 13.00 at 13.30 we were still waiting to be approached by a member of staff to take an order for a drink and there was still no sign of food!!! Finally five meals came out...10 minutes later mine appeared. Staff in the restaurant were rude.
Can't say I'll be keen to go back there anytime soon!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Mooch75

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent visit to our Spa.

I would like to extend my apologies for the unacceptable levels of service and attention that you received on your Spa day. I have shared your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the Spa area with my relevant heads of department for them to immediately address.

I have also discussed the inefficiencies you experienced in our Restaurant with both my Food and Beverage Manger and Executive Chef. It is unacceptable that we failed on so many occasions to deliver the service you would expect at Hilton.

Once again, please accept my apologies for this totally unacceptable level of service received in both the Spa and our Restaurant.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

As stated before, some areas are worn, but in general a nice hotel with period features. Rooms can be hit and miss, mine was huge, airy, and well furnished, others I saw were small and very hot however re-fit in progress. I do think this is now reflected in the price as you can choose a newly refitted room or standard.

Staff took care of us, function of over 300 and personal touch still there, every member of staff said hello as we passed, well done!!. Sea front view rooms and bars, food all of good quality.

Hotel sparkling clean throughout.

Just the genral stuffiness (as in temperature and air flow) lets the hotel down from getting higher ratings.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay with us and I was delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and the hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that the hotel and service provided for such an enjoyable stay for you.

We are also presently awaiting an upgrade to our Air Conditioning units which should resolve the temperature issues you highlighted in your feedback.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed on business just for one night, booked by my office. Have stayed before and always had a sea view. This time I was given a room at the back of the hotel, so the view was not attractive. BUT the price of the room was very inexpensive and this is a gorgeous, classic seafront hotel. So I was happy to not look at the view! The room was enormous, had everything I wanted with a superbly comfortable bed. Plain, fully functional bathroom. (No shower cap). Would have liked a magnifying mirror , but that's just me. Due to the price of the room I was prepared for the cost of breakfast to be added to the final bill. Nice surprise that it was all inclusive. What a brilliant breakfast, with fresh eggs, porridge etc cooked to order in front of you. Wonderful, friendly waiting staff. Dinner the previous night was fabulous too. So good that I am going to review this separately.

Room Tip: I would ask for a sea view, but if you get a fantastic deal, do not worry about the view from your r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience. I am delighted you enjoyed our Hilton breakfast we do get a lot of very positive comments on it.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards