“When can I return!”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“When can I return!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Visited the Hilton over the Jubilee Weekend as I was visiting Brighton to see Fatboy Slim at the Amex. Excellent hotel, location – so easy to find and close to all amenities, food, atmosphere and public areas have 'wow factor'. Couldn't fault it. The team are a real credit to the hotel. Thank you...I will certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank OpsManagerCH
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dursley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here for one night and upgraded to a seaview room which I would highly recommend. Stayed here last year and had a tiny room at the back - not good. It is worth the upgrade. Extremely busy at check in and had to queue for 10 minutes and after a long journey not good. Reception staff were good and gave us the booking card to fill in and return later to speed process up.
Breakfast very good, but black pudding needs to be crisper!
All in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Up grade seaview - dont book a single room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Brighton Metropole.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and that you found all our team to be very welcoming and friendly during your stay with us. I am also delighted to read that you took the time to enjoy our Hilton Breakfast, I have shared your comments regarding the Black Pudding with our Executive Head Chef.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary and hotel were aware of this. They upgraded our room. (We stayed at our local Hilton in Leicester for our wedding night) and put sparkling wine in the fridge for us. Lovely gesture.

I have stayed at quite a few Hilton's, even though the breakfast is the same at each one in theory, Brighton's was far superior. It was hot, and there was a good range of food.

My only criticism was the room was absolutely boiling hot and no amount of messing around with the controls would reduce the temperature. That is why I am marking down sleep quality.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 12 June 2012

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience. I am delighted you enjoyed our Hilton breakfast we do get a lot of very positive comments on it.

We are also presently awaiting an upgrade to our Air Conditioning units which should resolve the temperature issues you highlighted in your feedback

Lincoln
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed here for a conference on 27 and 28 May. The room was booked by the conference organiser. After a five hour journey I arrived just after 7 on Sunday night and was disappointed at the general state of my room (476). I fancied a cold drink but found eveything in the fridge was warm. I had arranged to meet a friend for dinner in town so quickly unpacked my case and reported the broken fridge to reception on my way out. I was informed it it not a fridge, simply a drinks chiller (??) I explained that regardless of it's description it was not working. I was told it would be reported to the maintenance team. It was still broken when I left two days later despite me reporting the fault to reception on three separate occasions.

I arrived back at the hotel around 11 and went to bed. I didn't get much sleep due to a loud rumbling noise coming from the bathroom a couple of times every minute. I put earplugs in but could still hear the noise so at midnight I rang reception and the receptionist advised he didn't know what the noise could be but he might be able to move me the next morning. With a full day conference and evening event on the second day I really didn't have time to pack up and move rooms so I opted to stay put.

A four star hotel really shouldn't be putting customers in rooms in this awful state. The decor was generally grubby in both the bedroom and the bathroom (see photos). The curtains were shabby and not hooked to the rails properly, the curtain pelmets were warped and outside my window was a rusty bed frame which looked like it had been there for some time.

I did leave a completed feedback form with reception but have heard nothing from the hotel so I suspect the form never reached the hotel manager. The hotel is in a prime location and I'm sure those people lucky enough to stay in a refurbished room would have better comments to make but I wouldn't choose to stay at the Hilton again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Of course the downside is the noise from the bar and street on a Saturday - however a small price to pay.
Glad we had a sunny weekend as there was a 2 inch crack in the corner of the ensuite ceiling where you could see the sky.
I did hear from other guests that some rooms did have problems with their air conditioning. Apparently this is being addressed and being refurbed - but check first
Front of house is very classy
The rooms need attention.

Room Tip: Check you get a room with working air-con - or a sea view so that is not an issue
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay.

I can confirm the hotel will continue to refurbish more of its bedrooms in 2012, your comments regarding your room has been shared with our Facilities team to investigate.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Having just returned from a one night stay at this hotel, I would never return again. We paid extra for a deluxe plus bedroom which read as "indulge yourself with extra space and take in the views from the large opening windows". The view in fact was a building site with no daylight. We had to call down to reception for something as basic as hand towels as there were none in the room. There was a gale force wind blowing through the window and we had to call maintenance to fix it after being told by the receptionist, "are you sure the window is closed"!! The mini bar fridge was completely empty! The recently refurbished room had a cracked sink and all in all, it was less than "deluxe"! Very disappointing.

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Hilton is in a great location overlooking the sea with plenty of parking.We paid extra for a King Deluxe Sea View room which was well worth it. The Metropole is very grand with a huge dining room and bar. It has a great fitness centre with a pool. It's the staff that make the difference they are so helpful. We met the Chef who works from 11pm to 11am for those of us who get hungry in the middle of the night. We had a good break,shame about the weather!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and listen to those waves. And ask for a breakfast deal when you check in it...
9 Thank Gerry J
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 8 June 2012

I was pleased to read that you found our team to be friendly throughout your stay and you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast we get a lot of positive comment on both.