“Lovely weekend break. Functional, rather than outstanding.”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 6 December 2013

As former residents of Brighton we enjoy a weekend break back on our old stomping ground, and jumped at the chance to stay at The Metropole at a very good price.

We booked a family room and it was enormous, it could have slept 6 quite easily. The room (pretty much like many other parts of the hotel) was a bit dated, and just about everything seemed to have a couple of chips or dents. Beds very comfy, decent TV system and spacious bathroom. Gym was a bit dated, but the pool was fabbo.

Breakfast was AWESOME, and we got a sea view both mornings.

This hotel is tired, and probably a few years overdue for a top to bottom re-vamp, but we still had a great time,

Room Tip: Family room was only £10 more than a regular room, and it was HUGE !!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Was concerned before our stay having read reviews on Trip advisor. However, on arrival we were pleasantly surprised. Parking was easy, check in was efficient - rooms ready early. We had booked sea-view rooms and weren't disappointed. Breakfast was very good - even though the restaurant was busy. We will certainly stay again if we return to Brighton!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view if available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

im a hilton honers member so exspect consistant good clean well maintained accomidation in every hilton i stay in, But on reading some of the revews and looking at some of the pics on trip advison relating to the brighton hilton metrople i feel as if i have made a grave mistake in booking this hotel directly thrugh hilton .com.
as i havent stayed at the hotel yet i can only go of the revews and pics,so as the booking i have made is for a family member with a disabilaty i took it upon myself to phone the hotel to ask about the problems i had read about and to have my consernes way laid, But i was passed from pillar to post and was given the impresion that all the staff including a duty manager felt that the bad pic and revews were exseptable for the hilton hotel and i dont no if the duty manager hung up on me or we were cut off? so he did not way lay my fears . i left a message for the general managers secratary to call me back......... AND WALSH i have been putting my fears down on here a Hilton Managere has contacted me and was more helpful in way laying my conserns. So we will see and i will update my revew after my stay. the hilton group is generally very good and i stay with the alot through the year and the chap who called me back was plesant unlike the the other staff members i spoke to who seemed dimisive of my conserns.

so it is not the norm for some one to post coments on here with out staying at the hotel but i was just shocked at what i read and the pics i seen.. But users let me get back after my stay to let you no how my family member is reseved at the Brighton hilton metrapol before you make a jugment as that will only be fair to the hotel. there was just one other thing and that was one staff member i spoke to told me as i was paying a advance discount rate that i should not exspect the best,,, now that is somthing i do strongly disagree with.
regards
mr clough upcoming stay 25/12/13 and then 31/12/13

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The room that I had booked was much smaller than I had experienced abroad and did not meet my expectations. My wife was upset and didn't want to make a fuss, but the receptionist was apologetic and offered me a better room, which made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed overnight while attending a function. We were in a premier room which was very nice but the tea tray provided did not meet the standard of lesser hotels. There was no bottled water in the room, the selection on the tray was Tea, coffee or caffeine free coffee, with just two of each. My wife missed the usual drinking chocolate which she enjoys before bed, and no biscuits. The bed was 6ft across, to speak to my wife I had to ring her on the mobile phone, I couldn't use the room phone because there wasn't one.
Car park is a bit of a challenge, drive in and park round the back of the hotel in the underground car park. You follow the signs for the hotel, appear above ground with the sign for hotel reception, but you are not there yet, you are still at the back of the hotel with a trek through to the actual reception. We arrived after dark and the next morning we expected a decent view, it was down the side of the hotel from 4th floor where we could see the roof of adjacent property a narrow lane and the sea and burnt out pier.
Although we enjoyed our stay, the hotel is a bit dated, our bath had lumps missing from the enamel, the right hand lift from our room 481 had lumps missing from the marble slab at the bottom, there were a few basic maintenance tasks that could have made the experience a bit better. I would still recommend the hotel just don't set your expectations too high, I have stayed at better less famous brands, (where we had drinking chocolate and biscuits) than the Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OldSnowdrop
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Brighton Metropole was great. The hotel is in a fantastic location, not far from the marvellous town of Brighton. Having never visited Brighton before, we were amazed at what a great place it is. It can only be described as London by the Sea! The hotel room had a comfy Hilton bed, large bathroom, a wonderful breakfast was taken in a lovely dining room and the whole hotel had a traditional ambience. We would stay here again. Hopefully without the noisy people in the next room!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Booked last minute and were very pleased with the price of a Deluxe King room, upgraded for a little extra for seaview (probably not worth it). The room was huge with sparse furniture, it could have had more without looking cramped and the queen sized bed, very noisy and needed replacing. The bathroom was large, but towel rail loose and grouting around shower questionable. All in all, disappointingly very little recently spent on furnishings and decor.
Service in the bar, very lax and once complained, improved but that shouldn't have been necessary, not too busy and plenty of staff.
As for breakfast room, felt like how I imagine a cheap holiday park to be, crowded, impersonal and kids allowed to run riot. Suggest offering a kids free room for diners especially after heavy nights, the night before!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple