“Brighton Hilton Metropole”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brighton Hilton Metropole”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Friendliness and professionalism of staff exceptional. Always made to feel welcome and looked after. Good recreational facilities, bar food on the expensive side, however good value restaurant menu. Location perfect however sea view rooms can be noisy during stormy weather!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope if we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel the weather will be better for you.

Kind Regards

Damian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (885)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reading
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I was in Brighton for an event. I was travelling alone and booked a single room on a hotel booking site. I've stayed in Hilton's before and generally find them to be very good, though they are a more expensive chain option.

The hotel is really impressive from the outside and the communal areas are lovely. The dining room where you have breakfast is beautiful the reception area is great, and there are wide sweeping stair cases and hallways. The rooms themselves are possibly a little tired. I don't know if larger rooms were a little better but my room, while clean, and servicable was a bit worn at the edges. The bath was also really small and I couldn't properly lie back in it. The hotel was also quite hot and there was no way of altering the temperature of the room.

That said, I had a really good night's sleep and breakfast was great, so I can't complain about the hotel. I think it just needs a bit of a spruce up and the price is a little higher and I am not sure what you get that wouldn't get in a chain like a premier inn.

One point about my room is that I had a kettle and tea and coffee, but no cup only a glass. I presume this was an oversight though!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

On first impression the public areas are nice so is the bar etc the reception staff excellent then it goes downhill old tired room only one radiator none in bathroom so cold the room lighting is very dim no minibar no drawers as we were meeting friends it was a bed for the night being a previous platinum card holder a few years ago this falls far short of the hilton brand and the fact the manager does not comment on people's posts says it all

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and adequate but I had no view from window , however when I tried to have bath I could not get hot water ( Luke warm ) then couldn't turn taps off and ended up with cold shower as well ! Amused colleagues but actually quite irritating also missed having a bath robe . However bed was extremely comfy . Conference rooms were roomy and well equipped with comfy chairs . Food was good and location great . Staff were friendly .

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great location and within walking distance of everything. Parking normally a problem in Brighton was not a problem here as the car park is under the hotel (Get there early as the car park fills up) but we got a space no problem. Hilton are really trying to be more family focused and less of a business hotel and this showed, with the attention to my son I am more used to receiving southern Europe. It was lovely!!
Breakfast - amazing. Very grand hotel , could do with sprucing up in areas but mostly it was a fantastic weekend - fun had by all.

Room Tip: We chose a family room which was huge. If staying the weekend ask to avoid the hen/stag party floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed you stay with us, and the service provided by our team made your stay more enjoyable.

As you say the hotel does have a very good location and make it a great base to explore all Brighton has to offer.

Regards
Howard
London
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked two rooms as a family celebration for my mother-in-laws birthday. I went via cashback and got a Dinner Bed and Breakfast deal for about £260 for one night for all five of us. I informed the hotel of our celebration and they allocated a sea-view room to the birthday girl, which was a great touch.

I enjoyed the weekend away, although some aspects of stay could have been improved on

Good:
1) Fabric of Hotel. A really impressive Victorian building, that has been well kept. Its by the same architect as The Natural History Museum.
2) The proximity to the railway station, which meant I didn't need to take the car. I travelled on a direct Thameslink train from St Albans which cost less that £60 for all five of us.
3) Pool. We all enjoyed the pool
4) Gym was great.
5) My 10 year old daughter left her mobile in her room. This was handed in by the cleaners and was sent back to me free of charge.
6) Sea-view room was great, and we were left a birthday gift for my mother-in-law

Not so Good
1) Queue at check-in. As only one of my rooms was ready on initial check-in, I had to queue twice for 15 minutes a go.
2) We found a hair in one of our meals
3) No hot water in one of our rooms

Give me a "like" if this was of use. It makes the effort worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Richbonf
Buckhorn, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here while we visited our daughter who was working and living in the UK. The hotel was dirty and needed a facelift. Sunday brunch was a rediculous 30 pounds or something like that. The food was well picked over and not very appetizing. Not what I would expect from a Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family