Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$185
US$176
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$86
US$77
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$198
US$172
Travelocity
4,681 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Metropole in Brighton last weekend as a Birthday treat which was thoroughly enjoying. As a former resident of Brighton I know the town well and this was in a great location by the seafront and walking distance into the town centre. I would recommend to others for a short stay and in true Trip Advisor fashion I list the Pros and Cons

Pros

Great location and proximity to Brighton sights
Staff were excellent in meeting our needs quickly and rectifying issues
Room was decent
Leisure facilities were nice (Pool, Steam Room and Sauna)
Hotel has its own car park

Cons

Price of food in the hotel is extremely overpriced. As it is quite centrally located I would advise going out to eat all meals unless you physically cannot. Even breakfast.
Hotel is in need of an overall refurb as it does look tired in places
Hotel car park is relatively small so I would advise to not move your car unless needed

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Howard L, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Thank you for your post and very genuine comments and feedback which are gratefully received.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Previous occupants of our room had wet the bed, the housekeeper had dressed the bed knowing that this had happened. We were asked if we had done it even though we had just arrived!?! We were offered another room but no apology came from the manager or offer of compensation or any way of making our stay more pleasant. It completely spoiled our stay. The new room was noisy and the air con didn't work. We left the next day with no attention paid to us whatsoever. Disappointed and disgusted with a brand which is supposed to have a good reputation!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kate H
Howard L, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I would also like to thank you for filling out our SALT survey, where I understand my PA, contacted you directly to get further information on your complaint, and has since replied to you.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a difficult review to write because the situation was so absurd. To celebrate my 60th birthday we went to Brighton hoping to stay 2 nights in a good hotel and generally pamper ourselves. The hotel we booked into originally turned out rather disappointing so we checked out and started calling other hotels along the seafront to find a room. The Metropole had a vacancy, we turned up, checked that the room was what we wanted, tipped the porter to bring our bags up and I settled in while my partner went back downstairs to sort out the detail and book a table for dinner. Some time later he returned a little confused and upset to see if I had any better ID on me than he had as the desk manager was refusing to take our booking as he had neither his passport nor a modern photo driving licence on him. As it happens I don't generally have my passport with me to travel from Southampton to Brighton and being 60 and having driven for some time my driving licence is also old-style.
As we ransacked my handbag in case I had my work ID with me the duty manager and the desk manager appeared to escort us form the premises.
Nothing we could say would convince them. They said that we could have stolen all of our luggage. Indeed we coul but we hadn't. I'm guessing that we must have tortured the poor people we were supposed to have stolen them from as we also knew all of the pin numbers for our cards. My partner has a minor celebrity status in an arcane area where there is a fair amount of internet interest including articles which feature photographs of him. We asked them to Google his name. I offered to log in to my Facebook page and show them photographs there. They said that all of this sort of thing could be faked. Indeed it can. Though frankly I think if I had gone to this much trouble I might have been looking for something a little better, more expensive and maybe more exotic than a hotel on Brighton seafront during foul weather.
We were escorted from the premises, politely but firmly by the two men. This was two weeks ago. There was a howling gale on Brighton seafront and we had no car with us. At best this was unkind and revealed a level of inflexibility in applying Hilton's booking policy, if such it is, that beggars belief.
We never gave them any money and so I imagine there is little point in complaining directly to the hotel. We stay in good hotels 2 or 3 times a year so I shall take my custom elsewhere but as my 60th birthday was spoilt good and proper and there is no way of gettting that back I hardly know what point there would be in complaining to them. Yet I think it may be some point in sharing this with other travellers here.
Exactly when did it become necessary to carry identity papers in England?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherrilClare

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments following your recent visit to Brighton, I am sorry to read of your disappointments with the hotel. I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectations.

I have shared your comments with my Director of Operations Damian Meadows who would also like to offer his apologies and would be delighted to discuss your stay with you in more detail to resolve your dissatisfaction.

Please contact the hotel directly on 01273 775432 and ask to speak to Damian Meadows Director of Operations or leave your details he would be more than happy to call you.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a birthday treat, we decided to visit the Hilton in Brighton, upgrading to a deluxe room for added luxury - at a high £179.00 per room.
On entering at 2pm, we spoke to reception who tried to put us in a standard 2 doubles. After around 10 minutes, they realized there was a mistake and told us we had one of our rooms ready- where we dropped off our bags.
The room was okay, but not what I was expecting for a "deluxe sea view room." The room was reasonably sized, with a separate bath/shower. Unlike the website however, we had no sofa and additional lounging space. I found dust on top of the head board and our fridge would not close- causing it to leak. I wouldn't usually be this fussy, but when paying the amount we did- we were a tad disappointment.
The other room was finally ready at 4pm (check in is 3pm!) and was the same as the first. Okay and reasonably spacious, but very over priced for £179 per room.
The entire halls of the hotel smells like the swimming pool - even on the 7th floor up.
Having a sea room was nice for views, but unfortunately a whistling sound meant we had a very poor nights sleep - I am unsure if this is due to the windows not sealing properly, or just the sea air.
Overall, the hotel was nice, but be careful what you pay for the rooms.
I would not have wanted to pay a penny over £90 for the room we had.. so feel a bit ripped off.

Room Tip: Sea room on a windy night means a very disrupted sleep!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Howard L, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was very sorry to read that we had failed to meet your expectations in certain areas. Your comments regarding your room have been noted and shared with the relevant management and I apologise for any disappointment.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My parents and I visited here for my special birthday and we could not praise this hotel enough as the hotel room was nice and bright and roomy and had everything we would ever need and the breakfast was lovely. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us. The hotel was right on the seafront and easily accessible to all the amenities, The Brighton Centre, the Pier and the cinema and shopping area/Lanes and The Pavilion, This hotel comes highly recommended. Thank you to this wonderful hotel for making my special birthday a truly memorable one.

1  Thank worldwidetraveller64

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience and service, when celebrating your birthday, the hotel as you say does have a great location and make it most of our local attractions a short walk away.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.