Hilton Brighton Metropole
Hotels.com
US$167
US$151
  • Beachfront
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$119
US$252
  • Beachfront
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$142
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$138
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$257
Agoda.com
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$163
Blanch House(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$217
TripAdvisor
4,684 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Was really surprised to find this hotel to be so dirty, I found hair on bathroom floor, fingerprints on mirrors, marks on glasses, sticky bathroom floor! yuk . Was really surprised, looks like The Grand from the outside, its a shame really, such a beautiful building, needs a refurb, lighting was broken, wallpaper coming off of walls. On the plus side, breakfast very good, staff very friendly and polite. A lot needs to be looked at if they want to charge the amount they do charge. We wont be going here again, rather pay a little bit more and stay at The Grand. Also a lot of hen and stag parties, drinking and drunks in a lot of the reception and public areas, gatherings out the front of hotel, drunk and loud groups, more like a travel inn. It felt like a lot of the drunken groups had taken over hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoe123England
Howard L, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the level of cleanliness of your room. I have discussed your feedback with my Rooms Divisions Manager to share with his housekeeping team.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I travelling to Brighton with my Son and booked Hilton through an external booking site. The pictures showing room types were absolutely no true reflection on what we were presented with. Our first room was extremely basic, large but bare with an unmade bed and it was more fitting to a 2* hotel. It was really disappointing. I immediately complained and we were offered a different room which was better but again not as the picture on the website. The pictures were apparently of updated rooms and there were no refurbished rooms available, so we stuck with the second room. At 7pm the following morning we were awoken by a staff member entering our room, which gave us a fright, they apologised and left. Next we had extremely loud shouting and machinery bring used directly outside our room window. It was so bad that I recorded it. Upon showing this to the hotel manager we were given a voucher for a free overnight stay which we accepted. I was very disappointed in the stay here and would be reluctant to use the hotel again. The location is fab though,

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was very sorry to see that we had failed to meet your expectations in certain areas. Whilst we will always endeavour to meet guest requests unfortunately these cannot be guaranteed when the hotel is particularly busy. Your comments regarding your room have been noted and shared with the relevant management and I apologise for any disappointment.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us, when using your voucher.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Well to tell the truth, our stay was free on Hilton Honors but we were pleasantly surprised to a) be upgraded to a lovely seafront room, b) given drinks vouchers, c) found chocolates and sparkling wine in the room. Thank you very much Hilton.

Also, nice to have 2 pots of tea in the bar for £5.80. Good value. Generally everything was nice about our stay from the staff, the room, the breakfast. Yes the car park is a bit of a pain to get to and a bit dark, yes, some parts of the hotel were a little jaded but overall, very nice

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, and look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed in the Metropole for one night with my 9 year old daughter at the end of half term so that I could show her the sights of Brigton - Sealife, the Pier, the wheel etc.

The staff at the hotel were very polite and the building itself is beautiful and in a great location (though the underground car park is a bit seedy and spaces are very tight for today's bigger cars).

Our room was clean and spacious but was one with an adjoining door to next door which let sound through along with a force 10 draught so we had to use cushions to plug the gap. Unfortunately the couple next door were noisy and drunk so by 10.00 when my daughter was almost asleep, they were having a foul mouthed argument about who had drunk all the wine. They also seemed to try and open the adjoining door which was a bit frightening.

We had a lovely dinner (room service) and slept well once the noise died down and decided to go for an early morning swim in the basement pool. My daughter is still learning to swim and was therefore doing widths, not lengths and there were only 3 or 4 others in the pool when we got there. I made very sure she didn't bump into anyone. An older lady then entered the pool and asked me rather rudely to only use a certain corner of the pool as "we swim here every day" and don't want children getting in the way. I politely declined saying we were only there one night and that I was making sure my daughter didn't collide with anyone. When I pointed out the rudeness to the staff, they were very apologetic. I'm guessing the rude lady was a local rather than a guest.

So... all in all we had a lovely relaxing time with a couple of rude interluldes which weren't the fault of the hotel. We'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with an adjoining door!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lulugogo66

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for you and your daughter having to experience such rudeness in what sound like a very enjoyable stay.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our room was not ready when we arrived but we were given vouchers to go and a have a drink while this was finished. Very nice bar. Our actual room was looking a bit tatty but clean. Parking was handy. Location is good for walking around Brighton. It seemed that the hotel was full of party people having a good time and making lots of noise to the early hours. So if you are in Brighton to party, stay here, if you want a quiet rest, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am very grateful that you would take the time to pass on your feedback, on your recent stay with us.
I hope to see you return again soon.