“Same problem with every Hilton hotel”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Same problem with every Hilton hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic like any other near by hotels, overlooking the sea.
our room was a sea-view room.
But we had the same headache in every visit to Hilton hotel.
The bath has only one set of body soap and shampoo that is barely enough for one person. So how do they think it will be enough for two of us?!
I called the front desk and asked for another set of toiletries and also asked for bathrobes and slippers.
We received them shortly but the guy who brought them forgot the soaps and I when told him about the missing items he "sighed" and complained about being busy serving other guests and he might be late to bring me the other set of toiltries.

The guy looked really busy and I don't blame him. I blame the Hotel managment, because I saw how the hotel is understaffed compared to the high number of guests.

The bed was soft for us and we woke up with back pain, but it could be suitable for others.
I found peices of strawberries in the basin. Ceaners should have checked that.

The breakfast was brilliant, eggs, toasts, jam, honey, tea, hash browns, juices...etc.
and the staff in general are nice and friendly.

So please Hilton, when you have in your reservation 2 people staying at a room, make sure you count the toiletries well.

oh as for the parking, the parking spaces are expensive in Brighton. We parked in the hotel underground parking and were charged £18 per 24 hours.

Room Tip: sea view room is on the street, so you could hear the cars noise. but the view is worth it ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some aspect of your stay with us. I would like to offer my apologies for the lack of toiletries in your room during your stay with us.

Your comments have been shared with my Rooms Divisions Manager to review within his team.

Regards
Howard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

For the high price I would expect a high standard but sadly not. I'm a Hilton's Honor member with many visits to my name but I will never again be staying here. Room and bathroom were not clean. There was always a queue although service was reasonable once you actually found someone or waited 30 minutes. No air conditioning but I do understand this might not be an option due to the age of the building. No fan so only option for guests is to open the window the maximum amount (6 inches) and hope you don't cook to death.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on your visit and have passed your comments onto our housekeeping manager to address with the team.

I would welcome the chance to discuss your visit with me and would ask you contact me on damian.meadows@hilton.com so that l may.

Damian

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Menorca
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hotel, great location....albeit a bit tired in places.
We were 2 couples on a 3 night break. No real complaints but to be honest......
The best - Staff incredibly courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. Location..right on the seafront close to all shops etc. Nice sized rooms.
The worst - Cleanliness of the Spa. Although going through some refurbishment (which is really needed) there is no excuse for poor standard of cleanliness. The spa treatments and staff were fantastic so no complaints there.
The windows in the bedroom did not seal very well. We had a couple of windy nights and they whistled all night.
In general the buffet breakfast was good, main restaurant was also fine...not brilliant but OK.
I think this hotel can cater for anything. Many functions, meetings, couples on holiday all seem to be well looked after at the same time. Well run, excellent staff, just could do with a bit of a tidy up. Will definitely use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am very pleased to read your comments about the staff and glad you found them all to be helpfull. As you say the hotel is in a great location and l am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your comments about the spa and buffet to the relevant department heads to address and take action.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to brighton again very soon.

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

When the team knew it was a special occassion, they did go out of their way to make the stay a little extra special. Most of the team we came in contact with were smily and friendly. The breakfast room is lovely, and there is a great selection offered. We had a sea view room which ideally is great if they are available. The Hotel is a fantastic location, on the sea front, and within walking distance to the main Pier, shops and resturants ect. Overall lovely weekend stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I was very pleased to read the staff had made you feel welcome and special on your stay with us and have passed on these comments to the team.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I bought a company membership to the Hilton group. After a visit to this hotel I cancelled it.
Very tired. Staff were ok.
We also had breakfast .My husband was looking forward to it because it was buffet style. It was a let down.
I have stayed in many hotels and this about one of the worst .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catfish6

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read your comments and apologies we failed to meet your expectations on your stay with us. Since your stay in August the hotel has under gone some refurbishment and this is too continue his year.

I would welcome the chance to discuss your stay with us and if you would like to do this please contact me on damian.meadows@hilton.com.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Used this hotel for the fourth year running as the base for the IRMS Conference - and will be back in 2016. 400 attendees plus 35 companies exhibiting. From my position as one of the conference organisers all went smoothly. I do understand that the air conditioning still dies not work properly in some of the rear bedrooms. Otherwise - all good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

It is always a pleasure to recieve feedback and l have passed on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2016 and hopefully sooner.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Well I was there for a conference and I did get a fourth floor corner room with seaview but the bedroom was hot and the air con would not cool it down and windows did not open. The shower room was small I am only 5'4" and slight but I had to squeeze round the door to get into the shower. The conference gala dinner food and wine was poor but again conference deals are never fantastic. The staff especially Patricia in the bar were pleasant and helpful but not my favourite hilton. For those with exec access there is no exec lounge or facilities.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor sea view with balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read of the issues you experienced and please accept my apologies, however it is always a pleasure to read when one of our team members have provided our guests with a wonderful experience.

Regards