“Poor room, no view, no wifi, overpriced.”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stay in lots of hotels. This is one I will never go back to.

The room was small and tired with furniture that looked like junk shop stuff. The view was straight out onto other rooms. Room service arrived fairly quickly and was very average. There was a long queue for breakfast, to be "greeted" by an officious lady who mustered a group of us to be marched through to another room to eat. They wanted extra money to use their wifi, for a room that cost £160 per night. I had to queue for about 10 minutes to get my case from left luggage.
I see other people have had mixed experiences here. For me this was the worst hotel I've stayed at for the money - it felt like a £60 - £70 hotel. It feels like it needs a lot of money spending on it, and an injection of service culture.

Room Tip: Have a look at it before you book. I would have walked away if I hadn't paid in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and the hotel itself.

In regards to the Internet not being complimentary, unfortunately the agreement is a national one for Hilton Hotels set by Head Office and not at hotel level, however we do offer complimentary WIFI to our guests to use in our Waterhouse bar & terrace and lobby area, we also have a Internet station with PC’s which is complimentary for our guests to use.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Brighton Metropole

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, lovely friendly staff. Really nice comfortable rooms.

The hotel is in a really good location. It was lovely just sitting people watching on the terrace of the bar :-) the restaurants we're really nice and a great choice available for breakfast.

Will hopefully be returning next year x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lilyg1981
Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This Hotel is superb. Lovely coastal views from the balcony. Service with a smile. Good quality food from a selective menu. Onsite facilities, spa and hot tub are excellent for relaxing after a hard days work. I will stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Do not hesitate if you are thinking of staying in Brighton The Hilton is the hotel to stay at. From the moment you arrive you won't be disappointed - right on the seafront and close to all amenities. The carpark is a bit pricey but that was our only complaint. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am pleased to see yu enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I booked to stay here after booking into another hotel first at Brighton and not liking that hotel.
I looked on Tripadvisor for an alternative and was very confused about some of the reviews for this hotel so I decided to go to the Hilton to take a look at the hotel before booking.
We were shown to a room by concierge which was really nice and we then booked to stay.
The breakfast in the morning was excellent, the staff were all extremely polite, concierge was both polite and helpful.
Would I stay here again..........most definitely !!!!!

Room Tip: We booked a refurbished room so cant comment on other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mogsi

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and l hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the Brighton Metroploe as the hotel I was staying at the night before was fully booked. One thing I have noticed in previous reviews is that no one has said what a fantastic swimming pool they have in the basement. The receptionist told me when I checked out that she thought it was the best pool in Brighton.

Unfortunately the service in the bar was poor and the selection for a bar menu was very limited. I had to eat in the bar as the restaurant was closed owing it to being on a Sunday.

The hotel has a great location on the front, but I only gave the location as one star because I do not like Brighton.

If I had to stay in Brighton again I would defiantly pick the Hilton Metropole, despite my earlier gripes

Room Tip: A deluxe sea view room is defiantly worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert3856
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your return stay with us. Your comments regarding your dining experience in the Waterhouse, has been shared with my Bar’s Manager to address within his team.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was expecting much more from the Hilton near a beach. what I did not expect was how run-down it was. Upon arrival the staff was not very friendly and seemed a bit unorganized. They had assumed that my sister and I were domestic partners because we had booked a room together, so to our surprise we found a queen bed for one. But it got worse as the furniture was completely outdated by 25 years, carpet was stained, fingerprints on headboard and desk chair tattered. The second room was no better except we walked in when the porter separating the beds to make two twin beds! The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, which is a plus if you have a lot of luggage.

The dinner buffet was excellent but watch out for hidden fees! This hotel needs a complete over hall and shame on the Hilton for allowing it to continue being so outdated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaBear63

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and the hotel itself. The hotel will be starting another phase of its bedroom renovations which will be carried through to 2015, which will see some on our older bedrooms added to the programme.

Your comments on the standard of cleanliness have been shared with my Rooms Divisions Manager and his Housekeeping team.