Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$119
US$266
US$258
US$327
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$217
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
4,684 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I checked into the Hilton Metropole on June 30th for 3 nights. The room was very dated and grotty (bathroom was depressing like a prison cell) and overlooking a flat roof - pretty depressing view. I returned that night late and had to ask to move rooms due to the droning noise coming from air-conditioning or generators on the roof outside, totally impossible to sleep. I was offered an alternative room immediately, but no apology or even a comment that I had to switch rooms at 2.30 in the morning. I asked a couple of times for a sea view room but was told firstly it would cost me an extra £40 per night, then told it was impossible. £15 per day for internet access in this day and age is completely ridiculous (Hilton catch yourselves on) - free WI-FI is available almost everywhere else (including next door in The Grand where I will stay if I come back to Brighton). Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Not 230s - they overlook the flat roof and are noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review,

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay, and the standard of service you received.
Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team and rest assured the appropriate action has been taken to ensure the best service levels are once again evident.

In regards to the Internet not being complimentary, unfortunately the agreement is a national one for Hilton Hotels set by Head Office and not at hotel level, we do offer complimentary WIFI in our Waterhouse bar & terrace and lobby area for our guests, we also have a Internet station with PC’s which is complimentary for our guests to use.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited the hotel for a gala dinner with colleagues. I do not know the price per head but the food was extremely poor - just think they had the chance to advertise to over 150 people, I for one and many colleagues I spoke with will not be recommending it.

We were serve a 3 course meal and nothing came close to food from a 4* establishment and school dinners are easily on a par with the food served.

We might have been a big group, but it is their job, if they cant serve 150 people then they should not be offering this service.

I will not be returning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing Gala dinner, I have shared you comment with both my Conference & Events Manager and my Executive Head Chief.

We do take all guest feedback extremely seriously and I very much regret your disappointment on this occasion.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed at the Brighton several times over the years and given it great feed back as we have found it to be a great hotel with excellent service in an perfect location, but we noticed a drop in service on our visit in June last year and after this visit they have dropped further. The welcome we received upon arrival at reception was not even as good as you would expect when you approached the counter at a McDonalds. There was no "welcome to Brighton Hilton" nor did it end with "enjoy your stay", in fact it was the most basic poor quality check in I have ever received at a Hilton. Whilst checking in, I mentioned that we had come here a few times because we like it and the only response we got was a very curt "so your know where everything is. She even asked me if I was a Diamond member, although it must be obvious on the screen before giving me a drinks voucher and making me feel that I obviously do not fit her profile of what a diamond member looked like. Even though we only had basic luggage, there was no offer of asking if we require any help, nor did she even bother to require if we were parked in the car park so we could get the cheaper rate the hotel offers.
We had been upgraded to a lovely sea facing room with its own balcony and the room which was spotlessly clean looked beautiful. But the duvet cover had a tear in it and the skirting board near window was completely lacking in paint. There was two bottles of complimentary water when we arrived both of which were fizzy and it took two further attempts of talking to reception to get a bottle of still water, over such a simple request. When we were leaving our room to check out I did talk to the cleaner and the concierge who was there, to show them the problems. We chose not to eat in the restaurant for our evening meal this time as it was such a disaster last time so cannot comment on evening food, but the breakfast was very poor and the bacon was so dry it was like strips of leather which could not even be cut with the knife. I did call one of the supervisors over and pointed out how bad it was and that it was not edible. A hotel is only as good as the staff serving and first impressions from checking in and I also find it surprising that the problems in our room were not spotted particularly the paintwork which is not a big job but spoils the room. This really is a beautiful hotel that it would be very sad to see standards decline any more and I really hope staff training along with maintenance is always a top priority.

Room Tip: Room 205 has a love sized sea view with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read of the issues you experienced and please accept my apologies.

I also understand that my Reception manager has also been in touch with you directly after you filled out one of our SALT Survey.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I usually stay at IHG hotels but decided to swap it up and stay at something i thought might be a little nicer and chose the Hilton hotel in Brighton.

BAD DECISION! The rooms were small and the bathrooms were tiny! The only amenities you were given in the bathroom were very limited. The maids did not clean the room after our first nights stay, so i had to ask the person dropping off the dry cleaning to bring up some clean towels, which he did, thanks!

Service at the restaurant / bar was poor and the Fish and Chips was terrible.

There was no complimentary water in the room which IHG hotels give you as a standard guest.

The location was good for the beach, but nobody was there to help with bags or parking.

Poor poor service. Stay elsewhere, this isn't up to Hilton standards, they should change there name to something like Holiday Inn Express, as this is the type of hotel it reminds me off.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay, see if you can get an oceanview room, although no big deal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was disappointed to see that you found the service you received from our team members to be anything other than polite and courteous. We always strive to make everyone feel welcome and valued, however please rest assured your comments have been shared with the management team for review with their departments.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a last minute stay at the hilton as the price was so tempting. At £80 bed and breakfast for 1 adult and 2 children I couldn't resist.

Upon arrival staff made you feel very welcome. We were early and the room wasn't ready so we went for a swim In the hotel pool. A stunning pool, jacuzzi and steam/sauna rooms that wasn't too crowded.

The hotel room was huge! I was In a large king bed and the children had their own single beds.

The food was scrummy and the children were served like kings and queens.

Will definitely be coming back again as this worked out cheaper than going to a travelodge with 5* service.

Stayed: May 2014
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience and service.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.