Hilton Brighton Metropole
  • Restaurant
Topps(Brighton)
  • Free Internet
4,684 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Super-fabulous staff who are keen to make your stay brilliant! I've stayed for business & with my family-it gets it right for both. Superbly situate - comfortable & clean with a fabulous breakfast!
The car park is very convenient. We had a fabulous stay, able to see Brighton and able to nip back to the Hotel when we needed to. The beach is directly opposite and is a beautiful view to wake up to.
The staff are this Hotel's biggest asset - they are keen to help and have been working hard to bring in new things for their guests. I was really impressed and look forward to staying again.
The pool was clean and accessible. Well done Hilton. In terms of relaxation, my one-night stay felt like a whole weekend away. The children (12 and 9 years) loved it too.
I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda W
Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and your comments about the team here which l will pass on.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards

Damian

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Poor internet. Room looked shabby. Needed refurbishment. Not enough information by front desk staff. Very hot in rooms, pool and pool dressing rooms. Had to ask twice for cooling fan for room. Were we given poor room, which incidentally the people in building at side if we hadn't drawn the curtains. Bathroom looked as if hadn't been refurbished for many years and very tine. Wonder if we were given poor room as I was using up my Hilton point?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review

I am sorry to read that on this occassion we failed to meet your expectation of us. The hotel is about to under go a bedroom refurbishment programme which will address the points raised in your review.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Damian

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here on 29th July. Good seafront location and close to the shopping area and other amenities which was great. The front desk was a bit slow but the concierge was very helpful.There should be more seating in the lobby area. The room was clean and bright but lacked a fridge and decent TV picture quality. The floor mat for the bathroom was stained but I turned it over. This should be checked more thoroughly by the cleaning service. The instructions for accessing wi fi should be in the rooms as when I rang room service they did not answer and we had to go downstairs and ask the concierge who assisted us. Very nice breakfast room and service very good with attentive pleasant staff. Also very good selection and not too crowded as we went to breakfast at 6.45am.

Room Tip: Call the hotel in advance to check that it has a fridge in the room in the hot weather, wi fi that's easy to get the code for, a decent TV picture quality. 4th room had working Air con.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank De E
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Thank you for your very genuine comments and feedback which are gratefully received.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Well where do i start! We drove to Brighton so we used there car park, and oh my!! Very dark and dingy and very hard to park there the space's were to small! And i drive a 3 door, and this was just not me you could tell how every one else had parked. We then got to the hotel and its a lovely building and the entrance hall was really nice too! Checking in was fine, but the receptionist did not stand out but he was in training, fair do's. We the got to the lift area and we took our 2 dogs with us, for then an Australian women to push in and to say theres no room for you, I could no believe it! Well finally got to our 4th floor the you can see the decor looked a bit tiered but thats fine, still had some nice features, then got to the room and wow! The first thing you notice was the heat hit you in the face it was so hot. The windows was already open but only could be opened about 2 inches. There was a fan which was small it done nothing about a 8''. There was staining on the carpets the fan had dust and not looked cleaned, the bathroom was horrible with a few tiles missing from the floor and the whole room just was out of date! No air con or wifi! The bed was confutable but kept waking up due to the heat in the room. We made use of the swimming pool and that, i was a bit cautious of what it was going to be like but it was nice down there cant fault it. Breakfast was in a nice dining room with everything you could think of a presentation was good, but this was still let down by twice asking for tea and for it not to come so myself and the other half shared one. We finally checked out about 11:45 and mentioned about the room temperature and nicely enough he offered that we had free parking instead of paying £20, fair play. For a total cost of almost £200 inc the dogs it was a waste of money and will be returning back to the ibis hotel up the road for half the price. They just need a good revamp and air con!! Lucky that i gave them 2 stars tbh.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you had with both your stay and the hotel,
Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team for them to review and address.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

After trying to book my favourite hotel in Brighton (the ibis) and finding that they were fully booked I started to look for other dog friendly hotels in Brighton. The hiltons glossy website and specially selected photos looked amazing, so I went ahead a booked a one night stay via the phone which I thought I needed a bank loan just to stay the night.

The first problem was parking. The hotels car park is underground, so the minimum standard would be to expect lighting so you can see, but no the Hilton seem to be saving on the electricity bill. The second issues is the fact the parking bays are only large enough to park a smart car or del boy and Rodney's reliant robin. Thirdly when I got out of the car there seemed to be cabling attached to the radio antenna, bit of a Heath and safety problem there. Anyway, relived I was out of the traffic, dogs were well behaved check in awaited us. The reception was very helpful with booking in and payment and provided all the terms and conditions on pets staying in the hotel which costed £35, a bit steep but I'm willing to pay it.

The room was an utter disaster just what I didn't want but I relate to all the reviews on trip adviser.
1. Carpet looked like it hadn't been washed in 20+ years.
2. All the lamps were at different heights on one wall. Even one was upside down.
3. Wardrobe was wonkey.
4. NO AIR CON. This was the worst bit. The room was constantly a sauna. The hotel seem to know this is an issue as they provide a mini fan as standard in the wardrobe, which is about as much help as a heater in a igloo. The room was not fit for purpose, as my dogs were panting all day and night, and me and my partner were topless all of the time in the room, a shock to the poor guy on room service.
3. Bathroom was bordering on dirty, with hairs all round the bathtub and evidence of consistent problems as there was mastic and tiles chipped everywhere. I've seen better budget hotels.
4. The window only opens an inch, no breeze to cool the room. All you can hear is the air con system for the guest areas of the hotel.
5. Lovely view of the dead pigeon caught in the roof netting.

The pool facilities where great, really clean and tidy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. The breakfast was also fantastic. Such a wide range of foods and drink which were of great quality.

Based on the issues with the room and the amount paid for the night I wouldn't stay at the Hilton again, regardless of city. Previously I have stayed at hamptons in Liverpool which is of a much greater standard. On checkout we're were provided with free parking but still the room let the trip down. Back to the ibis and booking in advance. Lesson learnt.

Please refit this hotel!!!!
Avoid if in doubt!!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron W

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments following your recent visit to Brighton, I am sorry to read of your disappointments with the hotel. I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectations.

I have shared your comments with my Director of Operations Damian Meadows who would also like to offer his apologies and would be delighted to discuss your stay with you in more detail to resolve your dissatisfaction.

Please could you e-mail Damian a contact number as he would be more than happy to contact you.