“Extremly Hot and very basic room”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed there 1st Weekend in August for 2 nights.
Awful room. It was so hot, No fans no air con.. Bed with wheels on it, and very old style decor in the rooms. NO WI-FI could be picked up in the room, and there was no Cell phone reception so had no data at all..

Else the hotel location is perfect, but I just had a really bad room....It would not stay there in a rush again. 1 thing is I did stay int he cheapest room I could find there, but still at almost 200 Pounds per night I would be expecting a LOT more....

Room Tip: Check if there is air con in Summer time... Check your WI FI is working before unpacking
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stewart_Stoffel
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you had with both your stay and the hotel,
Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team for them to review and address.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Howard

Write a ReviewReviews (4,569)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The place is the usual Hilton with the usual facilities. It's well located. The service is poor. We used our room phone to try contact reception/concierge/anyone on 4 occassions over our stay to ask for towels for our room, for cups, for glasses, to make the wi-fi work. No reply, even though we let the phone ring on and on. Eventually we gave up. We weren't alone in having a bad experience with the hotel's service. It was normal to see someone at Reception complaining.

Room Tip: go the Grand
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry to read of your disappointments about the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I would like to apologise, that you felt my team did not demonstrate the service levels which we are normally so proud of.

Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team to ensure the best service levels are once again evident.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just got back from a two night stay and was one of my worst experiences staying in a hotel. The rooms are really dated and do not justify the price. We had to move rooms as the rooms they gave us where not up to standard. We was given a single bed for my elderly mother and when she got on it the bed moved and she nearly fell. The staff where not helpful at all.

Please consider before you book here. Much better hotels on Brighton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamesirish
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Reviewer ,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read of the disappointment and inconvenience that you encountered, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Found myself yet again at Hove Crown court.travelled south from Liverpool opting to stay at the Hilton rather than the Holiday Inn after my recent uninspiring stay, despite the poor reviews on this site.
This place reminded me of the Liverpool Adelphi or the Manchester Midland in their heyday
Excellent public areas helpful and polite staff and wonderful bar and dining room.
Breakfast was superb again with very attentive staff.
My room(540) was well equipped and spotlessly clean. Only criticism would be inefficient air conditioning though this was a working trip and I was alone.
Will be returning to court at the end of August accompanied by my wife and so hope I will be able to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank OWEN C
Damian M, Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking he time to add your review.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Booked two single rooms for one night. We arrived late in the evening after quite a hot day (28 deg). The rooms were a bit shabby - carpets needed a good steam clean. But the worst thing was that the rooms were appallingly hot - even at 10.30 in the evening. We decided not to ask for a change of room because it was so late - and because we thought the rooms might still cool down. They didn't and we had to rely on the small fans provided, which we both had to leave on all night. In desperation, I propped the door to the corridor open as the corridor was much cooler than the room. A very poor night's sleep and disgraceful that a hotel with these stars can't be bothered to put in aircon when they must know there is a problem.
To add insult to injury, I left a bow tie behind in the room; and when I first tried to contact the hotel about it, they insisted that I was mistaken - which I wasn't. When I rang again, the lost property office said the bow tie hadn't been handed in but that housekeeping was often slow to hand over lost objects. They promised to phone me back after they had checked; but never did. I have to conclude that the bow tie ended up in the rubbish and nobody had the courage to admit it. A small incident - but it says more than enough about the way this hotel is run. Don't be impressed by the Hilton label - avoid!

Room Tip: Can't comment on double rooms but avoid the claustrophobic singles.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jc1000

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry that on this occassion we failed to meet your expectations of us. I would welcome the chance to discuss your stay with us and would kindly request you provide me with a contact number at damian.meadows@hilton.com so l might be able to do so.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Super-fabulous staff who are keen to make your stay brilliant! I've stayed for business & with my family-it gets it right for both. Superbly situate - comfortable & clean with a fabulous breakfast!
The car park is very convenient. We had a fabulous stay, able to see Brighton and able to nip back to the Hotel when we needed to. The beach is directly opposite and is a beautiful view to wake up to.
The staff are this Hotel's biggest asset - they are keen to help and have been working hard to bring in new things for their guests. I was really impressed and look forward to staying again.
The pool was clean and accessible. Well done Hilton. In terms of relaxation, my one-night stay felt like a whole weekend away. The children (12 and 9 years) loved it too.
I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda W

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and your comments about the team here which l will pass on.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Poor internet. Room looked shabby. Needed refurbishment. Not enough information by front desk staff. Very hot in rooms, pool and pool dressing rooms. Had to ask twice for cooling fan for room. Were we given poor room, which incidentally the people in building at side if we hadn't drawn the curtains. Bathroom looked as if hadn't been refurbished for many years and very tine. Wonder if we were given poor room as I was using up my Hilton point?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to add your review

I am sorry to read that on this occassion we failed to meet your expectation of us. The hotel is about to under go a bedroom refurbishment programme which will address the points raised in your review.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.