“Beautiful Hotel”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I stayed in Brighton on a Friday night for my birthday and were not disappointed. We had a room on the fourth floor overlooking the beach. The decor is stunning, the bar prices are reasonable and the staff are wonderful. Everything in the room was of a high standard, including ample desk space for those travelling on business. Check in was quick and painless, and check out was even faster. At £95 for a Friday night, and the option to stay for one night at a weekend (whereas most Brighton hotels state two minimum) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay whilst celebrating your birthday, and that you found all of our team members helpful & friendly.

Hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a triple room at this hotel for 2 nights. It is right opposite the seafront and an easy walk to the train station and shops. No Wi-Fi in the rooms and the third bed was a Z bed and not comfortable at all. The room was very large and spacious but breakfast was not included in the price. Spacious en-suite although a little dated. The room was very hot and the air con wasn't particularly good but overall it was a nice hotel. WARNING: It's probably quicker to go down to reception if you need anything rather than phoning; I had to to get extra tea/coffee and the third bed put in place and the phone rang for AGES before being picked up and then service was slow, but very polite.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay and the hotel itself. The feedback you have given has been shared with my management team to review.

The hotel will be starting another phase of bedroom renovations which will be carried through to 2015 this will see some of our older bedrooms & bathrooms being added to the programme.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel but poor when it comes to caring about guests, our cooling systems was not working and we complained and after being promised they will send an engineer to fix it, no one came to fix it. We had to sleep in the heat which was so uncomfortable

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls experienced during your stay. I have discussed your feedback with the relevant members of my team for them to review.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The checking in procedure was a bit slow with only one member of staff on duty, but the room was fine, clean and the bed comfortable. No issues with the air con this time, it was a hot and humid night with loud storms but the room remained at a good temperature. Lovely sea view, good value for money, the main thing that let it down was the food and drink.

The complementary water supplied in the room was a nice touch, but the water tasted "off" and when we made a cup of tea in the room next morning, we didn't drink it as the water still tasted funny. We then went down to breakfast and the same thing, I couldn't drink my coffee and my husband didn't drink his tea. Never had this problem before so not sure what happened. The breakfast was OK, everything cold and congealed as hotel buffet breakfasts tend to be, but the eggs coked to order were underdone, the bacon was overcooked and there were no mushrooms but the puzzling thing was they had leek/cabbage instead of mushrooms for breakfast - odd combination! However, good selection of continental breakfast items to cater for the many nationalities.

Overall we would go back - but take our own water!

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in check in, your feedback has been shared with my Reception Manager to address with in her team.

I have shared you comments with my Food & Beverage Operations Manager & my Executive Head Chef in regards to the various breakfast items and the bottled water in your room, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed there 1st Weekend in August for 2 nights.
Awful room. It was so hot, No fans no air con.. Bed with wheels on it, and very old style decor in the rooms. NO WI-FI could be picked up in the room, and there was no Cell phone reception so had no data at all..

Else the hotel location is perfect, but I just had a really bad room....It would not stay there in a rush again. 1 thing is I did stay int he cheapest room I could find there, but still at almost 200 Pounds per night I would be expecting a LOT more....

Room Tip: Check if there is air con in Summer time... Check your WI FI is working before unpacking
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stewart_Stoffel
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you had with both your stay and the hotel,
Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team for them to review and address.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The place is the usual Hilton with the usual facilities. It's well located. The service is poor. We used our room phone to try contact reception/concierge/anyone on 4 occassions over our stay to ask for towels for our room, for cups, for glasses, to make the wi-fi work. No reply, even though we let the phone ring on and on. Eventually we gave up. We weren't alone in having a bad experience with the hotel's service. It was normal to see someone at Reception complaining.

Room Tip: go the Grand

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am sorry to read of your disappointments about the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I would like to apologise, that you felt my team did not demonstrate the service levels which we are normally so proud of.

Your feedback has been discussed with the relevant members of my team to ensure the best service levels are once again evident.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just got back from a two night stay and was one of my worst experiences staying in a hotel. The rooms are really dated and do not justify the price. We had to move rooms as the rooms they gave us where not up to standard. We was given a single bed for my elderly mother and when she got on it the bed moved and she nearly fell. The staff where not helpful at all.

Please consider before you book here. Much better hotels on Brighton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamesirish

Dear Reviewer ,

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read of the disappointment and inconvenience that you encountered, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.