“Hilton by name”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the Hilton on Tuesday the 19th august 2014. Room 554.
This hotel is a Hilton by name and not by the usual standards of the chain. Although the hotel has been grand in the past it requires urgent refurbishment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was sorry to read that your room did not meet your expectations and would like to offer my apologies, we do take all guest feedback extremely seriously and I very much regret your disappointment on this occasion.

Our bedroom refurbishment programme will be continued in to 2015, which will see some of our older rooms being added.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was looking forward to and overnight stay at the Hilton as always associated name as being excellent.
I was very disappointed with my double sea view room as to even to be able to see out the window i had to get onto built in desk/ unit to be further disappointed by the windows being filthy.
The room was nothing like any of the photographs i saw of the rooms on the internet. Very small, air con that was useless, stained carpet and a bathroom that was small with what seemed a shower cubicle that had a broken door and an old shower curtain in its place. Tiles and grouting mouldy and just basically not what i expected for a 4 star hotel.
Have registered my complaints via email, if i had been staying longer would have asked for a change in room.
On a plus note the breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne B

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to add your review,

I was sorry to read of the disappointment and inconvenience that you encountered, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights to use some accumulated HH points. Recently became a Gold HH member so on arrival was offered free breakfasts for myself, wife and two children.

Restaurant food of a high standard and cater for children - particularly reconnect the buffet at just £15 for two courses.

Cannot fault the hotel really other than bathroom a little dated. Great location, wonderful staff and a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank littledoras
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, as you say the hotel is ideally situated.
It is always a pleasure to read when our guests find our team members helpful & friendly throughout their stay.

We look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there with with my wife, 5 year old and 1month old.
The room was fantastic. Very spacious. The staff were brilliant and polite.
My only prob was not enough bins, and when I asked how much it was to get breakfast delivered to room, I wad told it was free only to be charged £6 . I would have gave that as a tip anyway if it was free, and the WiFi in rooms is too expensive. That should be complementary by now.
That said, I loved it there and would stay again. Great customer friendly staff, very alert and punctual. Very clean and a great unrivalled spread for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank deanylkl

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and that you found all of our team members helpful & friendly. I have shared your comments regarding the bins with my Rooms Divisions Manager to review

We look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit this year to the Hilton in Brighton.

We arrived at the hotel early and though our room wasn't ready staff were more than happy to take our bags whilst we looked around the hotel and local shops.
As this was out anniversary, the Hilton made it extra special with a bottle of champagne and chocolates!

In short....we love this hotel, it looks stunning and the sea view rooms are amazing!

My only gripe would be the hotel bar prices. 2 drinks came to £14! Sadly if they were cheaper we would of spent more in the bar, however we ended going to a nearby bar where drinks were a lot cheaper. Other than that the staff were amazing and we will definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregg C
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, whilst celebrating such a special occasion with us.

It is always a pleasure to read you found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay, I am looking forward to you both returning soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We now stay at the metropole every year having tried many of the other hotels. Being one of only 2 hotels that boasts a Swimming pool is a distinct advantage. A beautiful hotel with some lovely features.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark R
HowardLewis-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I was delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay at the hotel, and you took the time to relax and enjoy our leisure faculties.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now - once for my hen party in a group of 10 and once with my husband for our anniversary celebrations. Before you are scared off by the hen party reference, please may I make it clear that this was not a negative at all. The hotel is big enough to accommodate all groups without anyone being adversely affected. This hotel caters for both sorts of occasions perfectly. We were welcomed warmly by the reception staff and check in was vey quick and efficient. Our room was lovely - a little on the small side but spotlessly clean and with everything you needed. Car parking is available just behind the hotel (access via Cannon Place) and at £20 a day, very reasonable and convenient compared to the town centre hotels. The swimming pool facilities are great and the pool is long enough for those who like a proper swim for fitness. Breakfast is very good - the dining room is overlooking the sea and the spread of food will cater for all tastes. Service was quick despite a small queue to enter the dining room.
On this occasion, our first wedding anniversary, we felt very well looked after - a celebration tray of champagne, chocolate strawberries and fruit was in our room on arrival and after a quick chat with the wonderful dining room "greeter" Mark Davies (I think), we were surprised with a glass of champagne. This made us feel really valued by the hotel and went a long way towards us having a great celebration.
I cannot fault this hotel and would gladly recommend it to anyone. The location, being on the sea front and a short stroll into town, is a real advantage.
Thank you Hilton Metropole - we will be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jetsetgem24

Thank you taking the time to add your review.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating such a special occasion. It is always a pleasure to read that the service provided by our team made your stay more enjoyable, your comments have been shared with Mark and his team.

I look forward to you returning in the near future.