“Can't fault the stay”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
UK
“Can't fault the stay”
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I travelled on business for a conference. Can't fault the people in the hotel or the stay. I didn't pick up the bill so can't comment on the value for money. However, food really was first class and according to staff something they pride themselves on.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
HotelAdministrator, TS at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to add your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I stayed at the Hilton for 1 night in the middle of August. Because it was Brighton Pride weekend the rate I paid was extremely high. I was given a single room and when I first entered it, I noticed it was extremely humid and there was no air con. I called reception to mention this and they immediately moved me to a twin room which was more spacious and airy and had air con. I thought this was a really good gesture because of the price I paid, they also threw in a complimentary breakfast. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would recommend the Hilton for its outsatnding service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, Your feedback is extremely important to us to ensure that we continuously improve our services for our guest’s.
UK
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Yes, it's pricey, but Brighton is very popular and Hilton's don't do bargains. I've stayed there twice now and had a very good stay both times. Some rooms could do with some updating but still clean and perfectly satisfactory. Bar prices certainly keep the stag parties away! Breakfast is great. Whilst it's not waiter service, this Hilton puts on one of best buffet's I've ever had.

• Stayed June 2010
Thank you for your lovely comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast and your stay with us we look forward to seeing you back with us soon.
Arnold, Maryland
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I stayed in UK for a little over a week and booked 4 hotels. This came out bottom of the list compared to Hilton at Heathrow, Premier Inn Tower Hill and Amberely Castle.

The car park is not free so know that you will be charged daily for it. It is also outside the hotel so requires a bit of luggage lugging unleas you drive by hotel first and get porter to come to car park with you Also Internet in room is 15 GBP a day which is a bit steep in the modern day.

Check in was fine with pleasant staff. We did not go for breakfast option at 15 GBP as there are so many places to eat in Brighton at a cheaper price.

The main issue was the room. It was very small with what amounted to a slightly more than cot bed robustness pushed up against the wall. Wheels were well oiled and it moved constantly if you sat on it or turned over. Windows were not clean and overlooked kitchen which gave off a yeasty smell on the Sunday morning.

On sat/sun night a hen/stag party set off the fire alarm for a laugh to quote front desk staff. A letter of apology went under doors over night but no other effort was made like some hotels to provide free refreshments/take away breakfast on check out or reduction in car park costs as a result of the inconvenience.

This hotel has got the faded glory and location going for it but for price you can find significantly better places to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Please accept my apologies that your expectation were not meet during your stay with us, your comments has been shared with the relevant heads of department, thank you for taking the time to posting your review.

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Sedgwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Two-night stay as a conference delegate, and I can honestly say I has the best customer service I've ever experienced. Every member of staff, without exception, was utterly courteous and made me feel live a VIP! Room was immaculate and very comfortable. Breakfast was delightful. Not a cheap hotel obviously, but will be going back some day as a special treat.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for adding your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us your feed back is extremely important to us to ensure we continuously improve our server for our guest’s, your comments have been shared with the team
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Stayed for the weekend on 4th floor, Double 'Deluxe" room; sea facing. Beautiful victorian building; sympathetically decorated and furnished reception area with helpful and pleasant concierge.
Room smaller than expected but adequate if everything else had lived up to expectations which sadly it didn't. No biscuits; no toilet brush; no facecloth or shower cap; cheap loo roll; one pillow each that was as thin as a slice of bread; grubby carpet; gloomy corridors; burnt lampshades (where bulb touched material); pricey mini bar and very pricey room service (£10.00 to have breakfast bought up); limited TV channels; thin walls seperating rooms (we could hear next doors conversation).
On a positive note, we couldn't fault the range of food available for the self service breakfast , all delicious however, we had to ask twice for coffee and the whole seating process seemed chaotic - almost lost our seat when we went up to the buffet area. The hotel is well located for shops and beach. Not too much traffic or street noise so was able to sleep but probably would have done anyway after 7 hours shopping and a show in the evening. Having read some of these reviews, I would ask to see my allocated room next time before accepting it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your review, firstly I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectation during your stay with us, your comments have been shared with both our Accommodations Services Manager and Facilities Supervisor to address.
Sydney
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Positive overall. Looks like the negative reviews on here are mostly from those who were put into one of their unrefurbished rooms. So when you book ask for a refurbished room. One of our party did and was moved.

Small gym that manages to cram everything needed for a full body workout, included in the price.
Good variety at breakfast. Sad that some fruits are from the tin - when will the English learn?
Concierge are knowledgable of local shops and restaurants, and are very helpful.
Very close to many shops and lanes that boast superb resturants and eclectic boutiques.
Internet connection is fast enough for a quality skype call.
Their IP was clean, which meant that all emails sent were successfully delivered.

Their business centre offers dinky poor quality slow inkjet colour printers with very thin paper. The printer I was using ran out of ink part way through. The charge is normally an exorbitant 5GBP per HALF HOUR to use the net incl printing, but managed to get this thrown in as I had already paid 15GBP for cable internet in my room.
All 3 of my business group experienced problems getting connected to their fixed line internet. Hotel staff are clueless and slow to respond on net issues, as they have outsourced their net to a company with support staff in Eastern Europe. First net support staff insisted that I waste my time doing something that I knew was completely irrelevant, refused to listen to my correct diagnosis, didn't understand the advice I was giving, and when I asked to be passed to her supervisor she first refused, and then hung up, leaving no notes on my call to allow herself to be traced. Next guy was able to understand my diagnosis and was able to rectify the problem.

Aircons work, but are very noisy. For those like me who don't mind the background noise when sleeping, it doesn't matter.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to add your review, all guest feed back is welcome and is seen as an opportunity to react and improve. Your comments have been shared with the relevant Department Managers for their consideration. Thank you once again for your time, I hope you will decide to visit us again in the future