“I was impressed”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Cambridge
“I was impressed”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Hi after reading all the terrible reviews I would like to say that the staff were extremely helpful when we stayed, and yes we did have trouble with our rooms three times to be accurate, but it was sorted and compensation made. Breakfast was lovely as was the swimming area. Our daughter loved walking up and down all the stairs and everywhere was clean. Please go and don't read the reviews as you can't always believe what they say.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
HotelAdministrator, TS at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review you have added to trip advisor, I am delighted that we were able address any issues you had whilst staying with and that looking back on your stay you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel.

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 6 February 2011

On arrival at one thirty, our room was not ready, and we had to wait until exactly 3 pm to gain access, but apparently it had been ready but because the phones were not working properly no one thought to tell the guy on the front desk that it was ready.
Stayed here just one night, upgraded to a deluxe room, which is not worth the money, the bed was uncomfortable and needed replacing, the bathroom is very tired, we overlooked other rooftops etc, no view at all from the room. There was not a single mirror in the bedroom so I had to use the mirror by the door to do my hair. Although there are meagre tea and coffee supplies in the room, there are no biscuits, the bottle of water is £3.95 which is extortionate and for £194 plus parking costs of £16 I think the hotel is very shabby! We had to queue for breakfast for about 10 minutes as it was so busy.
I certainly would not book there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to trip advisor, firstly I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectation during your recent stay, your comments have been shared with both our Reception Manager and Accommodations Services Manager to review.

Kind regards

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

London, UK
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I can only agree with the previous poster that had their stay somewhat ruined by a large wedding that was effectively allowed to take over the hotel. Somewhere that markets itself as a proper conference/events venue should surely be able to handle a large wedding without it spilling over into the rest of the hotel and ruining it for other guests.

First the positives: Room was good, nice size, comfortable bed with efficient heating and good bathroom. It was recently refurbished and was what could be expected from a Hilton. The leisure club was also decent although a little more care over the changing rooms wouldn't go amiss.

The negatives: The aforementioned wedding - loud and obnoxious all afternoon. Loudly drunk and yelling across the bar using pretty much every piece of bad language under the sun. When we got fed up with the noise we went to reception to have a gentle word only to be met with the response of "Yes it's a bit noisy isn't it" from the front desk. To be fair at least they waived the room service charge for delivery to our room. Breakfast was a farce. Yes it was busy but the room and staff couldn't cope with the numbers.

Overall I expected a fair bit and was disappointed. Won't stay here again if I can avoid it.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelAdministrator, TS at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review that you have added to trip advisor

Please accept my most sincere apologies to you for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that your stay our hotel had not been highly enjoyable.

I am looking forward to having the opportunity of winning your confidence back in the near future.

london
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The room was comfortable if a little small and the bathroom was in dire need of an update. Breakfast was very very busy, but really very good. Plenty of choice - fruit, eggs cooked on demand etc. Great location right on the sea front.

HOWEVER.... we were given NO pre-warning about the 500 guest wedding that was also being held at this hotel the same day/night of our stay. The place was filled with drunks, and the fighting in corridors, lifts and the lobby in the early hours really did NOT make for a good nights sleep and was particularly scary for me (at 7 months pregnant). Thankfully there was a chain lock on the door that was firmly bolted all night! Apparently over 15 police were in attendence at one point.

On complaining to the duty manager in the morning, we were offered little more than a short, shrifty apology. Not really good enough!

I probably would stay here again at a real push, but would certainly enquire about planned functions before confirming any booking.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent comments that you have added to trip advisor

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I stayed in a double room on the 5th floor. As soon as I entered the room, I noticed the room was very very dark. There were two bedside lamps which did not light up the room, and there was no lamp on the work desk. Wondered how anybody can work there in the evening. I could barely see what's in the room. Then I tried to connect to the internet but all I could find was a cable. So I called service team and an operaator sent me a guy who said "Why don't we have a mdem in this room!?" I also asked him if this rooms is supposed to be this dark, which he replied "The side lamps is missing! Wow, your room is really empty!" He was as confused as I was. I must say he was very helpful and great.
Another problem I had with the room was, although it was a non-smoking room, the bath room smelt of cigarettes, which was not great.
Also, there was aircon in the room which was not working at all, I spent the night feeling very cold.
The room service food was very cold and I could not eat them as they were not good cold.

It was a very dissapointig stay, I can't say the stay was comfortable. I found it rather stressful. I hope there will be some improvements.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
HotelAdministrator, TS at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your recent comments that you added to trip advisor. I would like to express my gratitude to you for taking the time to communicate to us the areas where we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay.

I would like to extend sincere apologies to you for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I was disappointed to read that you felt your stay our hotel had been marred due to the lack of lighting in your room, and your dinning experience whilst using room service.

We have high standards within our hotel to ensure that our guests all receive the same high standards of service, your comments have been shared with both our Accommodations Services Manager and Executive Chef to review.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is only through our customer comments that we can offer a continually improving service.
london
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Good location on the sea front. On arrival we got a room that had some wet swimming trunks lying on the TV. Staff apologised, gave us another room and promised to send some champagne and chocolates, which turned out to be some rather cheap, tasteless fizzy wine, that wasn't even on their wine list (it is probably reserved for such occasions) and a few loose unappetising chocolates on tea plate (see pics). The room was generally large but dated with some old stains on carpet with views of the back yard and air conditioning extractors. The toilet didn't flush properly. The communal areas are grand and impressive, the bar was nice but clearing tables left a lot to be desired, difficult to find a clean table to enjoy your drink. If you are looking forward to the famous Hilton splendour, I'm afraid you wont find it there, we didn't.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to trip advisor, I was disappointed to read that your stay had been marred due to a catalogue of issues, unfortunately we do experience, unexpected repairs and maintenance issues however they are actioned as soon as possible to minimise any disruption to our guests, your feed back regarding our Lounge bar has been passed on to our Bars Manager to investigate.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments as it is only through customer feedback that we can offer a continually improving service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Stayed here for a work conference, staff friendly and efficient, breakfast in restaurant excellent. The problem was the bedroom - dirty (hairs in and around bathroom sink), very hot and the AC did not work, eventually got the sash window open, and as for the electrics well they were dangerous - only the lamps worked none of the light switches did which was pretty tricky in the night so had to move a lamp and have it turned on all night in the lobby area by the bathroom. TV didn't turn on and was reported to the front desk but not sorted the 2 nights I was there. Food at the conference was dreadful and dark lighting gave me a migraine!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nlondon99
Thank you for your review you have added to trip advisor, with regards to your feedback about refurbishment we do operate a pro active maintenance programme within the property to ensure that we are continually improving our facilities which as I am sure you can appreciate is an ongoing process.

I was disappointed to read the issues you had in your room during your stay, your feed back has been shared with our Accommodation Services Manager to address.

I would like to thank for your feedback as it is only through our customer comments that we can offer a continually improving service.