“Calling Alex Polizzi!!”
Review of Kings Hotel

Kings Hotel
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked two nights recently and was underwhelmed by the quality of the accommodation given the price charged for a room.

The lift seems very old and slow, the room we had were in had lots of crumbling plasterwork and staining in the carpet, the shower has the pressure of a water can and the the hot and cold taps were very temperamental.

Breakfast was probably the one better aspect of the experience although you are restricted in what you can choose and they keep the fresh orange heavily guarded but we were able to sneak a refill!!

If all you want is a place to rest your head then its probably adequate but at the prices they charge I would expect so so much more!!

This Old King has seen better days!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I am sorry your feel you did not get value for money after your recent stay. As I do not have the room number or similar comments in our comments log made during your stay I cannot look at the room concerned. I have asked the housekeeper to review room with your comment in mind to see if we can identify the room you occupied. If you give me a call with the information I can feed back my findings.

There are newer reviews for Kings Hotel

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Idea located, friendly staff. Rooms are spotlessly clean and my room had a generous bath. However in the morning the bathroom above had leaked water into my bathroom,. I told the receptionist who seemed unapologectic.
it was a real shame because the breakfast was the best ive ever had and the breakfast staff was superb.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay again having stayed at the hotel for your birthday 2013. The team are good and will always try their best to help guests enjoy their stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Check in was very easy, Staff were friendly and helpful, our room (double) was on the third floor and regrettably when we arrived the lift was being serviced for which the member of Staff did apologise, the walk upstairs was not difficult and the room was easy to locate. The room itself was pleasant and extremely clean, the bed was comfortable with extra pillows available, the bathroom was also extremely clean with everything you would need. Breakfast was excellent with the food nicely cooked and presented (I had full English, my wife had fish The dining area was also clean and very presentable without any "aroma" of food cooking! Other reviewers have complained about the noise levels but apart from "normal" noise eg people walking along corridors I found the hotel quiet. The rates are reasonable, the overall condition of the hotel is very comfortable and Martin ensured that everything ran as smoothly as possible with local knowledge and advice. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray V
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to you returning in the future.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel 01273 820854 we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price anywhere less and it ensures you get the room & facilities that you want and rightly expect.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Me and 3 of my girlfriends stayed here on Friday night. We had booked a family room (1 double bed and 2 singles). Upon arrival we were served by very friendly staff and checked in with no problems. We were amazed at how big our room was which was more like a suite with the lounge area and big tv! After a few glasses of champagne in the room, we rung reception to call us a cab which theu were happy to do and which they called our room when it arrived! Perfect start to our night in brighton!

A lovely stay in a nice spacious room !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Group of 11 stayed for one night ranging from single room, double room, triple room, and the hen suite. The hen suite was superb- spacious, spectacular view, clean, modern, luxurious, perfect for a group of friends. The other standard rooms were basic and a little dated but reasonable. The location was spot on, right on the sea front, the staff were helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was delicious and again very reasonably priced. Whilst parking is limited there is a large secure car park literally a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read you found the staff friendly and you enjoyed your weekend.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel in December 2013 for just one night in a sea-facing room. The room was very small and not designed in the best way. On opening the door, the bed could be seen which is not ideal. The bathroom was a good size (surely, they could have made the room slightly bigger and the bathroom smaller?) and clean. The water pressure was not great, so showering was quite difficult. The room could do with redecorating, including making the walls a bit thicker (the lift outside was quite noisy). Breakfast was a semi-buffet; our order for hot food and drink was taken once, but no-one approached us again after that. Only toast and juice was available afterwards if we were still hungry. Overall, not the best service or hotel I’ve stayed in during my travels, but it was ok for just one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel was clean and tidy, fair sized room that was clean though very bare. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We only stayed 1 night and was a fair price at £49.

The only downside was that there was no parking spaces available (they only have 11) though along the street I managed to find a space. Constantly throughout the early hours of the morning it sounded as if someone was collecting the bins and dragging them back and forwards every half hour, hence I did not sleep properly from 4:30 onwards.

Other than that, you can't go wrong for £50 a night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review and I apologise you were kept awake from a noise outside the hotel. I look forward to you returning in the future.