Kings Hotel
Hotel Una(Brighton)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,752 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontlimited parkingbreakfast staffwould stay againfull englishpleasant staybrighton centrebreakfast was includedregency squareyogurtseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Arrived to discover no parking facilty available, yet was told on the telephone there is .....was taken up 4 sets of stairs because the lift was not working, to a small dark dismal room with filthy carpet and chipped damaged furniture. I asked to change the room and said to the man that I had requested a sea view room and had been told by a lady receptionist that it would be okay. he replied that there are no ladies working at the Hotel, and took me to another room, even up higher on the top floor, this room although had a window, was still dirty and disgusting, with views of a side of a building!,,,i threw my bags on the bed and went out for a walk. Upon my return there were birds flying around the room and pooing all over the walls!,,,,,,I felt sick, got a refund and left,,,it was like the Hitchcock thriller "Birds"............................sorry guys you really must step up if you want to attract more visitors,,,even cleaning the carpets would be a start.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I was disappointed to read your review. The hotel has limited parking which is on a first come first served basis. This is highlighted on our website and all other third party websites. Having reviewed your booking there was no request for a sea view and in advance all sea view room carry a suppliment. Unfortunately the lift was out of order on the day you arrived and we were waiting for an the engineer to arrive to repair. A pigeon did get into your room when your window was opened which is the first time something like this has happened. The team would have cleaned the room for you or offered you an alternative similar room however you decided you wished to leave and called your husband to come and collect you. I apologise that the lift was out of order for your arrival although the team carrier everyone luggage until it was repaired and the pidgeon incident was unusual thing to happen.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Friendly Welcome and accommodating my requests with a smile. Well cooked breakfast. Don't skimp. This is a must at the price. Rooms beautifully clean and all the facilities worked. And the bonus of a good nights sleep. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks for the great review and I look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

we chanced upon this hotel by accident - we saw people enjoying the sunshine outside and thought 'lets try this one'. We are glad we did, the last hotel we stayed at in Brighton was shall we say 'basic' and yet this hotel was less per night and included breakfast!!! The staff are very friendly and helpful, yes the lift wasn't working but the exercise up the stairs was nothing, we were on the 2nd floor. The room was nice and clean and had everything we needed, the breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty, again served by very pleasant and attentive staff. Next time in Brighton we are staying here, thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: it may be a better view from the front rooms but i am guessing its quieter at the back!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your kind words about the team who do try to make every guests enjoy their stay. I apologise the lift was out of order but pleased to say all back working again. I look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and my friends picked this hotel for a 1 night stay as it had a quadruple room.

Not too far away from the pier, pleasant reception and bar area with ok prices in the bar.

Our room flooring was rather uneven causing the furniture to shake and rattle.

Unfortunately the lift was not working so after a word with the manager we were given a free breakfast which was very thoughtful. I have just had a knee operation so walking up 5 flights of stairs was not pleasant.

I also don't think the £15 car park fee is fair and should perhaps be included in the price. But beggars can't be choosers . Ok for over night stay and is a 3 star for a reason.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you fr your review and I apologise that during your stay our lift was out of order. This has been repair and back in working order. Unfortunately the few car parking spaces we have are rented from the adjacent flat and we could not absorb this cost into our room rates. i hope you will come back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was booked on the day of our stay on a very sunny weekend in Brighton, so I think we were fortunate to find such a convenient place to stay. It's right on the sea front and not far from the NCP on Regency Square. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was what I was expecting (in fact, it wasn't until I walked to the room that I realised I have stayed in that exact room on my previous visit!), the breakfast was adequate. All in all, I have no complaints, it is what it is, it's not a cheap B&B and not a luxury large hotel. I would have no hesitation about staying here again. It's convenient for the pier, car parks and the sea front. I didn't have time to pre-book my parking so that cost me about £40 as I found a little place round the corner for £25 overnight, but had to move my car into the NCP before midday. I have previously used a pre-booked little car park round the corner, but I didn't have time to be that organised this time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MeesterBob

I was pleased to read your review and that this was a second visit and you had the same room on both occasions. Great to read you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.